Technology Transfer Associate/Sr. Technology Transfer Associate, Research Office
Company: University of Delaware
Posted on: November 21, 2022
Technology Transfer Associate/Sr. Technology Transfer Associate,
Research OfficeApply now
Job no: 496482 College / VP Area:Research OfficeWork type: Staff
Location: Newark Categories: Research & Laboratory, Full Time PAY
GRADE:31E/32ECONTEXT OF THE JOB:A component mission of the Office
of Economic Innovation and Partnerships (OEIP) is to manage and
market the Universitys knowledge-based assets for the social and
economic benefit of the University and the State. The assets, which
encompass faculty and staff, an extensive R&D capacity and
capability, incubation and experimental facilities and a portfolio
of intellectual property (IP), are marketed to the external
corporate world, as individual IP licenses or more importantly as
components of sustainable partnerships that include licenses,
collaborative research agreements, research contracts, consultation
agreements etc.MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage a portfolio of invention disclosures; assess
patentability and commercial value; participate in the selection,
recommendation, and initiation of appropriate action regarding
future development or abandonment.
- Participate in the negotiation and execution of business
agreements that return value to the University; manage the
administrative requirements, including: IIAs, NDAs, MTAs, licensing
agreements, option agreements, milestone payments, etc.
- Assist in the development of strategies, policies and
procedures needed to attract private sector entities into
relationships with the University
- Market UDs knowledge-based assets to establish partnership
opportunities with private sector entities.
- Engage with private sector to expand networks, understand
market trends, obtain feedback on technologies, and to promote UD
research, faculty opportunities, and partnerships.
- Proactively build and maintain productive relationships with
faculty, students, and staff to
- stimulate passion for innovation and entrepreneurship;
- provide educational programs and outreach with regard to
current processes and available resources
- Contribute to the seamless integration of OEIP units, programs,
- Participate as a member of the Technology Transfer Management
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelors degree in a science or engineering related field and
five years related experience, or equivalent combination of
education and experience.
- Effective organizational, interpersonal, analytical, verbal and
written communications skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate with diverse constituents,
e.g. the University community and potential external partners.
- Familiarity with U.S. patent law (including procurement
processes) and customary agreements used in technology transfer
such as licensing agreements, NDAs, IIAs, option agreements,
- Experience with development, preparation, negotiation, review,
and execution of a wide ranges of business contracts.
- Experience with facilitating partnerships with private sector
entities, and interacting with innovators/entrepreneurs.
- Knowledge and appreciation of business concepts and
requirements as applicable to a large academic, research
institution.This position will remain open until filled.Notice of
Non-Discrimination, Equal Opportunity and Affirmative ActionThe
University of Delaware does not discriminate against any person on
the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, gender identity or
expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, marital
status, disability, religion, age, veteran status or any other
characteristic protected by applicable law in its employment,
educational programs and activities, admissions policies, and
scholarship and loan programs as required by Title IX of the
Educational Amendments of 1972, the Americans with Disabilities Act
of 1990, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Title VII
of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, and other applicable statutes and
University policies. The University of Delaware also prohibits
unlawful harassment including sexual harassment and sexual
violence.Applications close: Back to search resultsApply now
Refer a friend
Keywords: University of Delaware, Newark , Technology Transfer Associate/Sr. Technology Transfer Associate, Research Office, Administration, Clerical , Newark, Delaware
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!