Life Skills Coach
Company: CHIMES DELAWARE
Posted on: November 19, 2021
The Life Skills Coach acts as a teacher to a group of adults
with developmental or intellectual disabilities. Under supervision,
you are responsible for fostering growth in the individuals
supported. This includes integrating them into the community by
transporting them to volunteer worksites to practice career skills,
to engage them with others to further their life/social skills, and
accompanying on leisure/ recreational activities. The Life Skills
Coach will interact with the individuals at the day program, and
build relationships in order to see them grow into positive and
active members of the community. Must accurately complete
documentations as required as well.
- Supervise individuals served at all times, including during
lunch and breaks.
- Assists individuals in job readiness preparation, as able.
- Completes Task Analysis and Daily Progress notes for all
- Assists in transporting individuals from the program to
community as appropriate.
- Maintains accurate and current records and programmatic
- Maintains positive public relations, and encourages community
- Submits monthly documentation on time.
- Attends and participates in in-service training, staff meetings
and other activities to facilitate professional development.
- Uses crisis intervention techniques in emergency situations
when people served are in danger of injuring themselves or
- Take necessary action in emergency situations in accordance
with Agency policies and procedures, and to accurately report these
to the proper personnel.
- Attends work regularly according to assigned work schedules and
in accordance with Agency policy.
- Works cooperatively with others, including all staff,
supervisors, co-workers, administrators, people served, community
professionals, customers, vendors, and the general public.
- Assumes other duties, responsibilities and projects as
- Follows instructions and abides by Agency policies and
- Is a positive role model for individuals served and Agency
staff.Job Type: Full-timePay: $17.00 per hourBenefits:
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Retirement plan
- Vision insuranceSchedule:
- 10 hour shift
- 12 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- On call
- Weekend availabilitySupplemental Pay:
- Signing bonusCOVID-19 considerations:Masks worn indoors at all
times. Limited capacity measures in place.Education:
- High school or equivalent (Required)Experience:
- Caregiving: 1 year (Preferred)License/Certification:
- Driver's License (Required)Work Location: One location
Keywords: CHIMES DELAWARE, Newark , Life Skills Coach, Education / Teaching , Newark, Delaware
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!