General Accounting Manager
Company: Christiana Care
Posted on: February 16, 2020
To plan, direct, and coordinate effective and efficient operations
of the Financial Accounting and Reporting Department.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Directs and participates in the development of accounting and
internal control policies and systems.
- Supervises the daily operations of the Financial Accounting &
- Promulgates ChristianaCare's core values and behaviors
throughout the Financial Accounting & Reporting Department.
- Reviews, interprets, and develops communication and adoption
plans for relevant accounting guidance as developed by the FASB and
other regulatory bodies and trains the team accordingly.
- Creates development plans for accounting professionals within
- Ensures that accurate information is provided on a timely basis
and assists, as needed, in facilitating the efficient conduct of
external audits, examinations, and related financial projects.
- Leads the month-end close process and the generation of the
monthly financial statements.
- Regularly examines alternative methods of providing required
accounting services in order to create efficiencies within the
department, including the use of innovative technology.
- Consistently demonstrates the ability to establish appropriate
- Establishes standards for volume and quality of work for the
- Reviews and analyzes preliminary monthly financial statements
and proposes changes when necessary within the month-end close
- Provides written analysis of the monthly financial
- Leads the year-end audit and the issuance of the audited
consolidated financial statements.
- Reviews updates and enhancements of relevant software and
trains the team accordingly.
- Reviews account reconciliations on a quarterly basis.
- Performs other duties as required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Accounting required; Masters
- Active Certified Public Accountant (CPA) required
- Large-firm public accounting experience preferred
- Healthcare financial or related experience preferred
- Supervisory experience required
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be
Christiana Hospital, Newark, Delaware. This 1,007-bed,
1.3-million-square-foot modern facility provides a level of care
only available in large-scale teaching hospitals. Christiana
Hospital includes Delaware's only Level-I Trauma center (as
verified by the American College of Surgeons), which is prepared to
handle the most extreme medical emergencies. In fact, it is the
only Level-I Trauma center on the East Coast corridor between
Baltimore and Philadelphia. Christiana Hospital has also been
nationally recognized in U.S. News and World Report's Best Regional
Hospitals rankings as #1 in Delaware and #3 in the Philadelphia
metro area, plus High Performing in 9 Adult Procedures/Conditions.
Academic medical center, Baltimore area, Best regional hospital,
Community-based medicine, Community health, Clinician, Delaware
hospital, Delaware's largest health system, Electronic medical
records, Epic EMRs, Everest Award-winner, In-patient, Level I
Trauma Center, Magnet -- designation, Nationally recognized,
Outpatient, Philadelphia area, Provider, Surgery center, Teaching
hospital, Wellness, Wilmington, Newark, U.S. New & World Report
ranking, Expert, Serve, Care, Healthcare, Respectful, Dover, Bear,
Middletown, Rehoboth Beach, Bethany Beach, Delmarva Peninsula, New
Castle, Elkton, Maryland, Glasgow, Hockessin, Brookside, Smyrna,
Pike Creek Valley, Milford, Claymont, Pike Creek, Wilmington Manor,
North Star, Seaford, Southeastern Pennsylvania, Southern New
Jersey, Vineland, Millville, West Chester, Kennett Square,
Swedesboro, Carneys Point, Woodstown, Salem, Elmer, Deptford
Township, Washington Township, Pitman, Glassboro, Franklin
Keywords: Christiana Care, Newark , General Accounting Manager, Executive , Newark, Delaware
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!