Quality Assurance Manager
Company: Graham Packaging
Posted on: August 5, 2022
Graham Packaging is a leading manufacturer of sustainable
packaging. From the kitchen to the laundry room, Graham Packaging
is part of your everyday life. They're the kind of people you want
as your friends and neighbors as well as your partners and
suppliers. By building strong relationships and creating value for
our customers, our employees embody the innovative spirit that's
inherent to Graham. We truly are people building a better
tomorrow.OverviewQuality Managers are responsible for the
administration and management of all aspects of the plant's quality
program for all containers working through the plant quality,
production, and logistics personnel. The responsibility includes
management of internal / external relationships relative to quality
(including supplier, customer, and regulatory compliance),
management of internal quality control systems, process critical
control points, and quality performance improvement and awareness.
As a member of the Plant's management team the Quality Assurance
Manager also has shared responsibility for overall Plant
operations, especially safety and efficiency. Primary duties of a
Quality Manager include:
- Understands, follows and enforces all established safety,
health, quality GMP and Company policies, procedures and recognized
- Understands, follows and enforces all established policies,
procedures and recognized practices.
- Understand and interpret customer requirements; convert into
manufacturing requirements (define necessary inspection and
critical process points and required methodologies).
- Customer complaint response and tracking: Monitor complaint
type and frequency to verify effectiveness of corrective
- Define, implement and monitor the systems required to ensure
compliance (GMP's, required certifications, sanitation, and
customer audit requirements).
- Work as required with Engineering, Sales, and Customer Service
in completing the above responsibilities.
- Work with suppliers as required, defining customer and plant
requirements and ensuring conformance.
- Assessment and development of operating procedures and controls
for all automatic inspection devices.
- Define, develop, train, implement and monitor process control
points and make necessary improvements for defect elimination.
- Regularly communicate customer issues and overall plant quality
performance to management, staff, and plant personnel.
- Hire, train, and direct the daily activities of the plant
- Continued evaluation of procedures, in all areas of
responsibility for the best practices, particularly in the areas of
Safety and efficiency.
- May be responsible for special projects related to other
- 0-25% travel may be required.QualificationsA Bachelor's Degree
and/or related quality experience; or equivalent combination of
education and related quality experience is required. A minimum of
five years' experience in a quality supervisory or management role
in a manufacturing environment with demonstrated leadership skills
strongly preferred.RequirementsTherefore, the following skills and
proficiencies are also essential requirements of the
positionQuality Managers are required to interact with other
managers, employees, vendors, and customers.
- Ability to maintain regular, predictable, and punctual
- Computer usage and typing skills are essential.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, including the
ability to effectively communicate with internal and external
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while
maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer
- Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to
completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed
routines, and standard accepted practices.
- Communicates effectively: conveys facts and information clearly
both verbally and orally.
- Collaborates well with others: proactively contributes to group
objectives; volunteers to help others. EEO Disclaimer Graham
Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation,
religion, creed, age, national origin, physical or mental
disability, gender identity and/or expression, marital status,
veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Keywords: Graham Packaging, Newark , Quality Assurance Manager, Executive , Newark, Delaware
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!