Assistant Front Office Manager - Embassy Suites + Homewood by Hilton - Newark Complex
Company: PM Hotel Group
Posted on: September 17, 2022
PM Hotel Group's Embassy Suites and Homewood Suites by Hilton in
Newark De is seeking an Assistant Front Office Manager for the
complex (both hotels)
We offer exceptional benefits including 401k w match after 30 days,
Health benefits available the first of the month after hire, life
insurance, 8 holidays, 2 personal days and 5 vacation days in your
first years. Most notable is our employee hotel discount
Summary of Essential Job Functions
* Assist in overseeing the day-to-day operations of the front desk
and associated functions, scheduling staff. Ensure adherence to
established procedures for all related activities by all guest
service agents, hosts.
* Oversee and participate in guest registration and check out.
* Analyze Front Office reports; investigate previous night's
production, rates, and issues. Prepare for the day's arrivals and
* Analyze and generate reports and communicate information to
employees and appropriate departments.
* Assist in the assembly, tracking and interpretation of financial
and operational plans for the Front Office department, to include
the annual hotel budget.
* Assist in achieving budgeted revenues and expenses and maximize
profitability related to the rooms department. Investigate
deviations from budget and take immediate corrective action.
* Carry out activities (night audit review, setting up group
billing, making forecasts, controlling and placing orders for
supplies, cross departmental communication) required for smooth
functioning of the Front Office.
* Maintain correct procedures for hotel accounting, credit control
and handling of financial transactions.
* Maintain personal contact with customers (both internal and
* Have Knowledge of hotel property, amenities, area attractions and
* Ensure proper care, maintenance and security of departmental
furnishings, fixtures and equipment.
* Maintain procedures for security of guest, hotel property and
* Follow company policies and procedures and effectively
communicate them to subordinates.
* Monitor and maintain procedures for safety of personnel including
review of Emergency Procedure manuals and continuously retrain
personnel for safety procedures.
* Champion the Virtuous Cycle
* Assist in reviewing Personnel performance and assist in career
* Motivate and celebrate Team Member Success
* Aggressively recruit and staff department, using company-hiring
standards (i.e. behavioral questioning, reference checks,
evaluations and team interviews).
* Conduct training classes regarding safety, security, department
procedures and service guidelines.
* Conduct daily departmental NETMAs.
* Champion the use of HOST? - PM Hotel Group's Signature Service
Program for delivering aggressive hospitality to our guests and to
our internal customers. Respond quickly to guest requests or
complaints in a friendly manner and insures that appropriate action
is taken. Follow up to ensure guest satisfaction.
* Ensure hotel is in compliance with all federal, state and local
laws, including EEOC and Wage Hour laws.
* Fulfill Manager on Duty shifts if required.
* Provide a professional image at all times through appearance and
* Other duties as assigned by management
* Must have the ability to communicate in English. Self-starting
personality with an even disposition. Maintain a professional
appearance and manner at all times. Can communicate well with
guests. Must be willing to "pitch-in" and help co- workers with
their job duties and be a team player. Ability to handle cash and
credit transactions. Must possess thorough knowledge of all guest
services department operations and individual job requirements.
Excellent written, verbal, and organizational skills required.
Computer literacy and financial management a must. Ability to
resolve guest, supervisor and employee conflicts. Able to
effectively manage multiple tasks at all times. Previous Hilton OnQ
Our customers are what we are about. One of the keys to a positive
guest experience is positive interaction with PM Hotel Group staff.
It is essential that you remain professional at all times, and that
you treat all guests and associates with courtesy and respect,
under all circumstances. Every PM Hotel Group associate is a guest
relations ambassador, every working minute of every day.
In order to maintain a positive guest and associate experience,
your work habits should always meet and strive to exceed hotel
standards for work procedures, dress, grooming, punctuality and
attendance. You should be adaptable to change in your work area and
in hotel procedures with a willingness to learn new skills and/or
improve existing ones, have the ability to solve routine problems
that occur on the job, and ask for help whenever you are not sure
how to do something.
Safety & Security:
The safety and security of our guests and associates is of utmost
importance to PM Hotel Group. Every PM Hotel Group associate should
adhere to the hotel security policies and procedures, particularly
regarding key controls, lifting heavy objects, using chemicals, and
effectively reporting safety hazards and safety concerns.
This description excludes non-essential and marginal functions of
the position that are incidental to the performance of the
fundamental job duties. Furthermore, the specific examples in each
section are not intended to be all-inclusive. Rather, they
represent the typical elements and criteria considered necessary to
perform the job successfully. Other job-related duties may be
assigned by the associate's supervisor. Furthermore, this
description is subject to change, at the sole discretion of the
Company, and in no way creates an employment contract, implied or
otherwise; each associate remains, at all times, an "at will"
Keywords: PM Hotel Group, Newark , Assistant Front Office Manager - Embassy Suites + Homewood by Hilton - Newark Complex, Executive , Newark, Delaware
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!