Front End Area Manager
Posted on: November 26, 2022
DuPont Area Managers have shared responsibility and
accountability for plant personnel, assets, and achievement of the
plant related site, business, and corporate goals. Area Managers
provide leadership to the plant operations team and act as the
primary back-up to the Unit Manager.EH&S/Quality/Reliability
- Accountable for the safety of a PSM high hazard process.
- Partners with the Unit Manager, EHS coordinator, and the First
Line Supervisors to drive a strong personal safety, process safety,
and environmental improvement plan to achieve EH&S goals and
ensure compliance with regulatory and permit requirements.
- Ensure production area is compliant with product quality
expectations with a focus on customer service.
- Relentlessly pursues maximum plant reliability to reduce
department unplanned events and support safe operations. Teaches
and encourages behaviors to support reliable operations.
- Knows and advocates Life Critical Standards within the
facility. Demonstrates priority and commitment through personal
behavior and coaching in the field. Provides the needed positive
and negative reinforcement to address deviations with urgency, and
ensures appropriate follow up and investigations. Provides approval
for higher risk activities such as Confined Space Entries.
- Ensures appropriate technical review of work plans (maintenance
or improvement) such that Life Critical Standards are applied
appropriately for the job.
- Partners with Unit Manager to ensure capital is allocated
appropriately to design out industrial hygiene hazards, improve
environmental compliance, and reduce personal/process safety
hazards. Implements administrative controls and process controls
for safe and reliable operation.
- Shows courageous leadership by coaching, asking questions, and
intervening when needed. Challenges status quo and past norms to
make the operation more safe and effective.
- Keeps active field presence and assesses work activities
routinely to maintain awareness of plant needs and understanding of
- Ensures the operation team is fully prepared for immediate
response situations, including where technical resources might be
needed to analyze process conditions and guide the
- Has direct responsibility for Run Plant Engineers, Tech
Advisors, and First Line Supervisors
- Supports Unit Manager to provide motivation, explanation,
context, and communication purpose of messages to the empowered
- Inspires and motivates the organization through leadership and
strong connection with the team fostering an empowered
organization. Shows appreciation for employees and maintains a
servant leadership mindset.
- Accountable for maintaining and improving the expertise index
for operators for the facility, ensuring that appropriate knowledge
remains within the facility.
- Works closely with Human Resources as needed to hire employees
with strong skill sets. Ensures employees are on-boarded and
trained via a comprehensive plant training program to maximize
their opportunity for success and increase plant expertise.
- Models DuPonts core values and behaviors and understands that
his/her behavior shapes the operation teams culture
- Develops operation employees and ensures career success via
goal-setting, performance management, promotion processes, and
employee development plan.
- Creates a strong culture of operating discipline and resolves
operation discipline issues and escalates to proper channels where
- Enhances the working relationship with operation team,
collaborates with work force, and supports Labor contractual
agreements if applicable.
- Leads and coordinates Tech Team through projects, unplanned
events, and targeted programs such as Statistical Process
ControlBusiness Owner Mindset/Financial Acumen/Continuous
- Knows the business model and strategy for facility. Explains to
operations how the plant fits into the business and
- Understands how much money the plant makes each day along with
product margins, and takes actions as needed partnering with the
Unit Manager and business to maximize total margin, EBITDA, and
- Continuously works to improve the total cost of production (raw
material, conversion cost and activity rate, etc.). Takes a
leadership role in maintaining the budget.
- Develops financial acumen skills across the organization
(operators, engineers, maintenance, etc.) to accelerate
profitability and productivity.
- Holds themselves and others accountable for return on
investment of projects, and ensures compliance with financial
reporting rules/practices within the facility
- Supports and drives continuous improvement by being active and
ensuring operations participation in opportunity analysis sessions
and plant improvements.
- Partners with improvement teams to reach agreement on proposed
improvement plans, and ensures plant resources are available to
achieve the plan. Ensures controls are implemented in operating
discipline and process control as applicable to sustain
- Develops strong partnerships with support functions such as
EHS, Maintenance, Supply Chain, and others to drive improvement in
the organization and assure alignment.Qualifications
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering preferably Chemical
Engineering (or technical related field)
- High hazard Chemical processing experience
- 3+ years of previous supervisory experience
- Demonstrated leadership, collaboration, and communication
- Demonstrated capability to quickly understand technology and
drive / support change
- Must be able to manage a diverse workload
- Proven commitment focus and effectiveness on advancing core
valuesDuPont is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants
will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, creed,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national
origin, age, veteran status, disability or any other protected
class. If you need a reasonable accommodation to search or apply
for a position, please visit our Accessibility Page for Contact
.For US Applicants: See the Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law
our U.S. Affirmative Action Policy, click here
Keywords: DuPont, Newark , Front End Area Manager, Executive , Newark, Delaware
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!