VP Operations Manager--Public Sector Lockbox- 2nd Shift--Onsite
Posted on: November 15, 2023
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million
customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and
jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments
and institutions with a broad range of financial products and
services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and
investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and
wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets,
lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on
behalf of our clients.
Citi's Mission and Value Proposition explains what we do and Citi
Leadership Standards explain how we do it. Our mission is to serve
as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing
financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We
strive to earn and maintain our clients' and the public's trust by
constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a
positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership
Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that
illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful
and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic
Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at
Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background
and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this
same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster
a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are
promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for
others and where opportunities to develop are widely available to
The Public Sector Lockbox business is a 24/7 operational unit which
provides a variety of services to government clients to assist them
in managing their receivables and important documents. The
functions of this business include Mailroom, Batching, Scanning,
Dispatch and Data Entry for a variety of clients.
A successful candidate must be able to successfully complete the
background and Treasury File process.
- Primary responsibility for this position is to manage Lockbox
daily production activities of the shift including appropriate
resource allocation, setting and reviewing performance goals,
monitoring functional and shift-level metrics, ensuring all client
SLA's are met. For off-shift times, shift ownership extends to site
ownership in the absence of other senior management.
- Responsible for managing a team of up to 4 transaction services
managers and 150 staff members that fluctuates based on seasonal
volumes and temporary staff hiring.
- Create a strong succession plan for all levels within your
- Setting individual performance plans for direct reports,
providing coaching and feedback through a formal review
- Responsible for the shift productivity and quality metrics.
Ensure shift-wide operating efficiency by maintaining standards for
conduct, quality, performance and productivity and addressing
corrective action when necessary.
- Regularly monitor quality reports and eliminate
client-impacting defects through coaching and process
- Assess and improve new hire training for both Temporary and
- Network/navigate within the organization in order to
troubleshoot escalated issues and resolve.
- Ensure communication with peers across shifts is collaborative,
frequent, maintained and consistent.
- Identify opportunities to implement process improvements and
- Actively lead Lean project teams, client projects, or other
- Provide timely and accurate escalation and resolution to all
- Within a strictly regulated environment, adhere to all
departmental policies, client requirements, and compliance
guidelines. Identify control deficiencies and implement appropriate
procedures to mitigate any risk.
- Participate on client calls as needed.
- Serve as deputy for the Transaction Services Group Manager as
- Cover for Peers cross-shifts when needed
- Visible across site and businesses through participation in
site-wide committees, councils and projects.
- Cover for Sr. Group Manager when they are out of the office
- A demonstrated history of strong interpersonal skills and
positive peer engagement experience in a diverse environment
- Minimum 5 years supervisory experience required, in lockbox
operations environment preferred
- BS/BA or equivalent work experience required
- Must have strong attention to detail, solid time management and
- Demonstrated ability to appropriately respond under pressure
and effectively multi-task in a fast paced environment
- Schedule flexibility as management team works 24/7 and meeting
- Must be able to work weekends and provide shift coverage in
24/7 operation as needed.
- Intermediate Microsoft Office required
- Strong and effective written and verbal communication skills
across diverse audience and levels
- Ability to provide leadership in a fast-paced, changing
- Ability to quickly grasp operational processes and understand
- Strong influence management skills
- Able to work weekends and holidays as needed
- Able to attend management meetings off-shift as needed
- U.S. Citizenship or Permanent Residency (green card) is a
prerequisite for this position
- Must pass an extensive background check (renewed every 5 years)
- Bachelor's/University degree, Master's degree preferred or
Job Family Group:
Operations - Transaction Services -
Newark Delaware United States
Primary Location Salary Range:
$103,200.00 - $154,800.00
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to
their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified
interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are
a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to
use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review
Accessibility at Citi .
View the " EEO is the Law " poster. View the EEO is the Law
View the EEO Policy Statement .
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Keywords: Citi, Newark , VP Operations Manager--Public Sector Lockbox- 2nd Shift--Onsite, Executive , Newark, Delaware
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!