Company: Integrated Resources, Inc
Posted on: June 16, 2022
Job Title: RN PsychLocation: Newark, DEDuration: 3 Months -Job
- Client is a 138-bed mental health facility located in Newark,
DE, providing easy access to a full complement of inpatient and
partial behavioral health programs for children and adolescents,
adults, and older adults. -Job Responsibilities:
- Complies with patient care policies/procedures
- Complies with time & attendance polices
- Conducts ongoing & individualized nursing care duties as
assigned & as dictated by the patient's condition in accordance
with physician orders & facility protocols.
- Administer medications, assess for confirmed med for PRN,
documents need (rationale) & its effectiveness in the medical
- Reports change in patient physical, mental status or episodes
of seclusion or restraint to nurse manager or supervisor during
- Ensures family & physician notification is completed &
documented if a patient is transported to ER, Injured, Falls or is
Placed in Seclusion or Restraints.
- Collaborates with other team members in the development,
implementation, & evaluation of an individualized plan of
- Performs treatments & therapies as ordered by physician in an
appropriate & timely fashion.
- Initiates emergency measures according to age-appropriate CPR &
client resuscitation protocols. Participates in emergency crisis
interventions according to age-appropriate techniques.
- Maintains confidentiality in accordance with the Health
Insurance Portability & Accountability Act (HIPAA).
- Provides patient care in a non-judgmental, non-discriminatory
manner that considers cultural diversity & age appropriateness so
that autonomy, rights, & dignity are preserved.
- Maintains competency by participating in continuing education
programs & meets state specific requirements.
- Complies with accepted ethical conduct & professional STANDARDS
of Nursing Practice as set forth by the American Nurses Association
or equivalent national organization.
- Participates in the Customer Service Program promoting respect
& professional interaction with patients, families, & peers.
- Assessing Vital signs & accu- checks prior to dispensing
- Provide education to patients on their prescribed medications,
documenting this in the patient record. Consistently engages &
interacts with our patients & their families by using the treatment
principles of Trauma Responsive Care, as demonstrated by the
- A basic recognition of the characteristic symptoms resulting
from exposure to trauma,
- Having an understanding of & sensitivity to the triggers of
trauma & trauma re- enactment, incorporating relevant skill sets
into daily interactions with patients & families, &
- Participates in continuing education on Trauma Responsive Care
- Complete nursing admission assessments & daily nursing
- Assist patients in carrying out activities of daily
- Participate in group activity with patients.
- Ensures room searches are done for contraband Emotional or
Mental Stress: Must be able to work with several distractions
including light conversations. Must be able to deal with
aggressive, hostile & irrational behaviors of patients.
- Must be able to respond immediately in crises concerning
patients &/or family members.
- The worker may be subjected to environmental conditions that
occur inside & outside via routine travel; much work, however,
occurs inside under typical hospital conditions. -Required:
- Graduate from an accredited school of nursing
- Current RN license to practice in the state of DE
- BLS - AHA
- Delaware Finger Printing -Shift:
- 3:00 PM to 11:00 PM with Every Other Weekend required
- 7:00 AM to 7:00 PM - Saturday, Sunday, and Monday.
Keywords: Integrated Resources, Inc, Newark , RN Psych, Healthcare , Newark, Delaware
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!