Pharmacy Technician - E/O Weekend - Day/Eve/Mid Shifts
Company: Christiana Care
Posted on: July 11, 2019
Christiana Hospital Pharmacy operations has an opening for a part
time, every other weekend, certified Pharmacy Technician with a
strong interest and skills in serving the neonatal and pediatric
patient populations. Must be available to work on a rotating
schedule - day/evening/ or midnight shifts. Holidays as
- Fill patient medication bins.
- Update carts by including new pharmaceutical orders.
- Making dosage or schedule changes.
- Removing any discontinued medication.
- Make medication credit and charge adjustments via the computer
- Ensuring any extra medication is returned to stock.
- Will deliver carts to nursing units at scheduled times.
- Reorder medications in short supply to restock the pharmacy. In
addition to these duties, you will answer telephones and greet
personnel coming into the pharmacy, answering any questions they
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Pharmacy Technician Certification (PTCB) is required.
- A minimum of one year of pharmacy technician experience required;
three years preferred
- Previous hospital pharmacy experience preferred
- Previous experience in a pediatric/NICU hospital setting is
- National certification in sterile products preparation is
- Knowledge of generic and trade names of formulary drugs
- Ability to type and perform basic math calculations
- Computer experience preferred
- Strength and endurance is necessary to push the medicine carts
back and forth to nursing stationsChristiana Hospital, Newark,
Delaware. This 1,007-bed, 1.3-million-square-foot modern facility
provides a level of care only available in large-scale teaching
hospitals. Christiana Hospital includes Delaware's only Level-I
Trauma center (as verified by the American College of Surgeons),
which is prepared to handle the most extreme medical emergencies.
In fact, it is the only Level-I Trauma center on the East Coast
corridor between Baltimore and Philadelphia. Christiana Hospital
has also been nationally recognized in U.S. News and World Report's
Best Regional Hospitals rankings as #1 in Delaware and #3 in the
Philadelphia metro area, plus High Performing in 9 Adult
Procedures/Conditions. Academic medical center, Baltimore area,
Best regional hospital, Community-based medicine, Community health,
Clinician, Delaware hospital, Delaware's largest health system,
Electronic medical records, Epic EMRs, Everest Award-winner,
In-patient, Level I Trauma Center, Magnet -- designation,
Nationally recognized, Outpatient, Philadelphia area, Provider,
Surgery center, Teaching hospital, Wellness, Wilmington, Newark,
U.S. New & World Report ranking, Expert, Serve, Care, Healthcare,
Respectful, Dover, Bear, Middletown, Rehoboth Beach, Bethany Beach,
Delmarva Peninsula, New Castle, Elkton, Maryland, Glasgow,
Hockessin, Brookside, Smyrna, Pike Creek Valley, Milford, Claymont,
Pike Creek, Wilmington Manor, North Star, Seaford, Southeastern
Pennsylvania, Southern New Jersey, Vineland, Millville, West
Chester, Kennett Square, Swedesboro, Carneys Point, Woodstown,
Salem, Elmer, Deptford Township, Washington Township, Pitman,
Keywords: Christiana Care, Newark , Pharmacy Technician - E/O Weekend - Day/Eve/Mid Shifts, Healthcare , Newark, Delaware
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!