Restaurant & Bakery Host/Cashier
Company: Perkins Restaurant & Bakery - Charlie Seravalli
Posted on: June 14, 2022
Job DescriptionAt Perkins Restaurant & Bakery our employees are
part of the Perkins extended family and the families we serve. And
you'll be responsible for making special days memorable and
everyday meals something extraordinary. At Perkins where we've
experienced years of success through ensuring 100% guest
satisfaction on every visit. If you want to work and grow with a
company who has a proven track record of success, has an unmatched
commitment to their employees and employees the best in the
industry, you are in the right place! We respect one another for
our talent, creativity and individual differences. We bring our
greatest individual strengths to achieve success as a team. If
career growth is what you are looking for- we got that too! SUMMARY
OF POSITIONProvides friendly and efficient service to guests
according to company policies, procedures, programs and performance
standards. Performs all duties to maximize guest satisfaction and
quality of work environment as directed by Manager on Duty.
Controls the flow of business in the dining room so guests feel
welcome and comfortable. Check out Guests at the register. Provides
genuine hospitality to each guest ensuring their dining experience
is highly satisfactory. POSITION ACTIVITIES AND TASKS
- Host Activities and Guest Interaction
- Reports to work well-groomed, in clean and proper uniform and
at all times practices good personal hygiene.
- Opens the door as guests enter and leave the building.
- Uses greeting, seating and waiting list procedures. Seats
guests in a friendly and timely manner in person or on
- Anticipates, identifies and corrects system breakdowns to
achieve maximum guest satisfaction.
- Completes wait sheets
- Greet and Seat – Welcome new Guests as they arrive and show
them to their seats. Make a friendly first impression. Describe
features, soup of the day, etc.
- Take Cash – Check out Guests at the register. Ask Guests, "How
was your meal and service?" Thank Guests and invite them to
- Hospitality – Move through the dining room regularly and ensure
Guests have all items needed. Be attentive – make Guests feel
- Sell Bakery – Offer specific suggestions for take-out bakery
items. Efficiently package to-go orders.
- Clean – Ensure that the cashier area, bakery cases and
displays, lobby area, entryway and Guest restrooms and dining room
stay clean throughout the shift.
- Ensures menus are clean Assist Crew Members
- Processes To-Go orders
- Maintains guests' needs throughout their dining experience by
assisting servers with pre bussing procedures
- Sweeps floor around tables to assist servers were needed
- Performs side work during shift downtime including but not
limited to; rolling silverware, restocking cleaning works stations
and bussing tables, etc.
- Provides assistance to all servers and bus persons in order to
execute service standards.
- Ensures 100% guest satisfaction on every visit.
- Communicates with Manager on Duty and coworkers regarding
product/service deficiencies, equipment, safety problems. Etc.
- Keeps General Manager and Manager on Duty informed of problems
and/or issues and proposes alternative solutions for consideration.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/ENVIRONMENT/WORKING CONDITIONS
- Extensive standing and walking for up to 8 hours
- Must be able to see at a distance (20) feet, at close range (12
inches), distinguish between shapes and utilize peripheral vision
to avoid hazards.
- Must be able to communicate clearly
- Exposure to heat, steam, smoke, cold
- Reaching heights of approximately 6 feet and depts. of 2 ½ - 3
- Must have high level of mobility/flexibility in space
- Must have time management skills
- Must be able to read, write and perform addition/subtraction
- Must be able to control and utilize fingers to write, slice
chop and operate equipment.
- Must be able to fit through openings 30" wide
- Must be able to work irregular hours under heavy
pressure/stress during busy times
- Bending, reaching, walking
- Carrying trays of food products weighing about 50 pounds for
distances up to 30 feet
- Lifting up to 50 pounds
- Exposure to dish and cleaning chemicals
SUPERVISION RECEIVED:Receives direction and training from Manager
on duty as to the specific procedures and assignments.KNOWLEDGE AND
SKILL REQUIRED:Basic skills such as sanitation, safety, and
customer service can be taught through in house training.EXPERIENCE
REQUIRED:None DisclaimerThis position description in not intended,
and should not be construed to be, an exhaustive list of all
responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated
with job. It is intended, however, to be an accurate reflection of
those principle job elements essential for making decisions related
to job performance, employee development and compensation. As such,
the incumbent may perform other duties and responsibilities as
required. This franchise is independently owned and operated by a
franchisee. Your application will go directly to the franchisee,
and all hiring decisions will be made by the management of this
franchisee. All inquiries about employment at this franchisee
should be made directly to the franchise location, and not to
Keywords: Perkins Restaurant & Bakery - Charlie Seravalli, Newark , Restaurant & Bakery Host/Cashier, Hospitality & Tourism , Newark, Delaware
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!