Line Cook/Prep Cook
Company: Perkins Restaurants
Posted on: November 24, 2022
*SUMMARY OF POSITION: *
Prepares menu items according to company policies, procedures,
programs, and performance standards. Performs all duties to
maximize guest satisfaction and a quality work environment as
directed Manager on Duty.
*POSITION ACTIVITIES AND TASKS: *
* Reports to work well groomed, in a clean and proper uniform, and
at all times practices good personal hygiene.
* Uses, maintains, and cleans all kitchen line equipment, plus
preparation and storage areas.
* Stocks and rotates products on cooking line.
* Has sufficient knowledge of cooking stations, menu items and prep
procedures to ensure correct portioning, quality, cooking time and
* Cooks and prepares menu items according to guest request within
company standards and following food safety and sanitation
* Monitors and oversees food temperatures during hot and cold
handling to reduce the incidence of risk factors known to cause
food borne illness.
* Anticipates, identifies and corrects system breakdowns to achieve
maximum guest satisfaction.
* Communicates with the Manager on Duty and coworkers regarding
product/services deficiencies, equipment, safety problems, etc.
*PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: *
* Continuous standing.
* Exposure to heat, steam, smoke, cold.
* Reaching heights of approximately 6 feet and depth of 2 1/2 - 3
* Must have high level of mobility/flexibility in space
* Must be able to fit through openings 30" wide.
* Must be able to work irregular hours under heavy pressure/stress
during busy times.
* Lifting up to 50 pounds for a distance up to 30 feet.
*SUPERVISION RECEIVED: *
* Receives direction and training from the Manager on Duty as to
specific procedures and assignments.
*KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIRED: *
* Basic skills such as sanitation, safety, and customer service can
be taught through in-house training.
*EXPERIENCE REQUIRED: *
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $12.00 - $17.00 per hour
* 401(k) matching
* Employee discount
* Flexible schedule
* Day shift
* Night shift
Weekly day range:
* Monday to Friday
* Weekend availability
Work Location: One location%58047475%
Keywords: Perkins Restaurants, Newark , Line Cook/Prep Cook, Hospitality & Tourism , Newark, Delaware
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!