Senior Payroll Specialist
Company: Horizon Services
Posted on: May 1, 2021
Work Schedule:Monday through Friday, 8am - 5pm with occasional
early eveningsPOSITION SUMMARYThe Senior Payroll Specialist
processes and facilitates the payroll production for multiple
sites, creates reports, and related documents; ensures accurate and
timeliness of payroll in compliance with all applicable city,
state, and federal regulations. May compute employees' time worked,
bonuses, and commission. Review of hours prior to pay for accuracy.
This is a non-exempt position located in Newark, DE. ESSENTIAL
FUNCTIONSReasonable Accommodations StatementTo accomplish this job
successfully, an individual must be able to perform, with or
without reasonable accommodation, each essential function
satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to help
enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions.Essential Functions Statement List
- Ensures all team members, both non-exempt and exempt, are paid
accurately and timely on a regular processing schedule.
- Will work autonomously, while processing employee changes
related to payroll, make adjustments, review timecards, prepare
payrolls, submit payrolls by deadlines, generate reports, and
maintain payroll records.
- Utilize, maintain and manage the current ADP Workforce Now
- Processes variation of pay types including vacation, bonuses,
retro, & premium.
- Review paperwork for new employees and validate employee
information into the payroll system.
- Verify attendance, hours worked, and pay adjustments, and post
information onto designated records.
- Record employee information, such as exemptions, transfers, and
resignations, to maintain and update payroll records.
- Provide information to employees and managers on payroll
matters, tax issues, etc.
- Compile statistical reports and summaries related to pay and
benefits accounts, and submit them to appropriate departments.
- Complete wage statements for verifications of employment.
- Respond to payroll requests from team members, colleagues,
managers, auditors and vendors
- Maintains employee confidence and protects payroll operations
by keeping information confidential.
- Additional duties and projects as assigned Minimum
- Three (3) to Five (5) years' experience with Payroll Software
(exposure to ADP Workforce Now and Service Titan a plus)
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Business Administrations,
Human Resources or related field preferred
- Understanding of multi-state payroll processing, including tax
and other regulatory reporting requirements
- Experience in Deferred Comp and Worker's Comp Audits a
- Background in M&A a strong plus
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office specifically Excel a must
- Maintain colleague confidence and protect payroll operations by
illustrating tact, discretion, and good judgement in handling
sensitive and confidential information
- Positive attitude and ability to interact well with others
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet tight
- Superior written and oral communication skills
- Highly organized and detail orientedThe company has reviewed
this job description to ensure that essential functions and basic
duties have been included. It is intended to provide guidelines for
job expectations and the employee's ability to perform the position
described. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list
of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities.
Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by
supervisors as deemed appropriate.This document does not represent
a contract of employment, and the company reserves the right to
change this job description and/or assign tasks for the employee to
perform, as the company may deem appropriate.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Keywords: Horizon Services, Newark , Senior Payroll Specialist, Human Resources , Newark, Delaware
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!