Application Development IT Manager
Company: MetroPlus Health Plan
Posted on: May 5, 2022
About NYC Health + HospitalsMetroPlus Health provides the
highest quality healthcare services to residents of Bronx,
Brooklyn, Manhattan, Queens and Staten Island through a
comprehensive list of products, including, but not limited to, New
York State Medicaid Managed Care, Medicare, Child Health Plus,
Exchange, Partnership in Care, MetroPlus Gold, Essential Plan, etc.
As a wholly-owned subsidiary of NYC Health + Hospitals, the largest
public health system in the United States, MetroPlus' network
includes over 27,000 primary care providers, specialists and
participating clinics. For more than 30 years, MetroPlus has been
committed to building strong relationships with its members and
providers to enable New Yorkers to live their healthiest life.
Position Overview Information Technology Department has an
immediate opening for an IT Manger. The successful candidate will
offer support to our Behavior Health program and responsible for a
wide variety of critical software applications for Case Management
department. The IT Manager will also provide oversight and
responsibility for the performance and operation of the Application
Development team through management, leadership, and mentorship.
Salary commensurate with experience and education. Job
- Provides general supervision to the Application development
team, ensuring the performance of all personnel.
- Guide the team's development efforts towards successful, timely
applications, and project delivery.
- Maintain high standards of software projects quality within the
team by establishing good practices and habits.
- Identify and encourage areas for growth and improvement within
- Collaborate with other software developers, business analysts
and software architects to plan, design, develop, test, and
maintain web- and desktop-based applications.
- Assist in the collection and documentation of user
requirements, including the development of user stories, estimates
and work plans.
- Prepare reports, manuals and other documentation on the status,
operation, and maintenance of applications.
- Design, develop, and unit test applications in accordance with
established department standards.
- Organize and actively participate in peer-review of solution
designs and related code.
- Package and support deployment of releases.
- Analyze and resolve technical and application problems in
- Establish working relationships with others in the department,
collaborating on new technology needs or expanded uses for existing
technologies to increase functionality or efficiency.
- Communicate administrative policies and procedures and ensure
- 5 years of Experience in management of IT.
- Experience in full cycle programming.
- College or University degree in Computer Science or a related
- Possess and demonstrate strong written and oral communication
- Operational and technical experience with development tools
include but not limited to VB.NET; C#; Web Services, REST API,
Angular (or similar Java script frameworks), Visual Studio (Current
and Previous Versions), LINQ, Regular Expressions, XML, JSON and
other tools applicable.
- String understanding of Microsoft DevOps framework; Content
Versioning; Agile methodology.
- Strong experience with Database design, including Microsoft SQL
Server database platform (latest version) with a focus on
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Analytical ability to evaluate and construct accurate and
efficient programming solution to business problems.
- Working experience with Case Management in Health Care.
- Familiarity with ServiceNow and SalesForce development.
Keywords: MetroPlus Health Plan, Newark , Application Development IT Manager, IT / Software / Systems , Newark, Delaware
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!