Sr Engineer (Battery and Switch SME)
Company: Exelon Corporation
Posted on: August 11, 2019
At Exelon, we've got a place for you!
Join the nation's leading competitive energy provider, with one of
the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer
bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies
that strives for the highest standards of power generation,
competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of
outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought
leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a
diverse and inclusive workforce.
Exelon will provide you the tools and resources you need to design,
build and enhance a successful career. We are also dedicated to
motivating the success of our employees through competitive base
salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits.
Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune
100 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly
shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow. Energize
your career at Exelon! PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION The successful
candidate will serve the T&S Standards & Equipment Engineering
team as the Subject Matter Expert (SME) for substation disconnect
switches and batteries. The SME will serve as the technical expert
in their equipment category for both design and maintenance
Develops and/or leads teams in studies, plans, criteria,
specifications, calculations, evaluations, design documents,
performance assessments, integrated systems analysis, cost
estimates, budgets, associated with the planning, design,
licensing, construction, operation, and maintenance of Exelons
electric generation, transmission, distribution, gas and
telecommunication facilities/systems. Provides consultation and
recommendations to the Company within and to other business units
and/or customers as a result of studying company or customer-owned
systems, processes, equipment, vehicles or facilities. Reviews
financial data from budget and actual costs of projects.
Position may be required to work extended hours, including 24 x 7
coverage during storms or other energy delivery emergencies.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Leads and performs assignments in specialized areas requiring
extensive engineering expertise.
- Leads and performs engineering tasks associated with a critical
or analytical engineering project or a small number of complex
projects that require specialized knowledge in many areas.
- Evaluates, develops, implements and leads projects that have
significant financial and operational impact.
- Participates in department planning, provide budget
recommendations and monitor performance for the accomplishment of
- Performs assignments while acting independently, and may lead
- Serves as an expert in specialized area.
- Acts as an expert witness or provide expert opinions as
- Provides recommendations and implements action plans to improve
performance and cost effectiveness.
- Provides training and/or guidance to others.
- Participates in technical and industry societies and committees
to enhance knowledge of new technologies or issues in areas of
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering or Licensed
Professional Engineer (2) (3)
- Ability to analyze and interpret complex electrical and
- Knowledge and ability to apply problem solving approaches and
- Knowledge of engineering designs, principles and practices.
- Eight or more years of professional engineering experience (1)
(3) (See Note).
- Thorough knowledge and experience in unique areas of engineering
- Detailed knowledge of applicable standards, codes methods, and
practices unique to areas of expertise.
- Ability to apply advanced engineering principles to identify and
resolve complex issues.
Minimum of three related career experiences (4)
(i. e. , changes in technical job responsibilities, which may or
may not include a change in department) OR
- Lead Member of a recognized industry committee OR
- Professional Engineers License (2), advanced technical degree,
MBA or Project Management Certification
-(1) Masters degree in Engineering reduces the OJT experience
requirement by 1 year.
-(2) License must be issued by the state in which you are
-(3) PE License reduces the OJT experience requirement by 1
-(4) Career related experiences is defined as changes in technical
job responsibilities and does not have to include a change in
- Note: Items (1) and (3) are mutually inclusive, whereby the
maximum experience requirement reduction is one(1) year (e. g. , in
the case of an employee with both a masters degree in Engineering
AND a PE license, the minimum experience requirement would be
reduced by one (1) year).
- Graduate degree (1) or Graduate level work in Engineering,
Business Administration or Project Management Certification
- Licensed Professional Engineer (2) (3)
- Strong teamwork, interpersonal skills and the ability to
communicate with all management levels.
- Strong written and oral communication skills. Qualifications -
Influences project decisions having a significant impact on the
- Applies technical knowledge to help promote a safe work
environment and to enhance customer satisfaction
Exelon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees
or applicants will receive consideration for employment without
regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race,
religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran
status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
EEO is the Law Poster
Keywords: Exelon Corporation, Newark , Sr Engineer (Battery and Switch SME), IT / Software / Systems , Newark, Delaware
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!