DDR Clerk Job
Company: BJ's Wholesale Club
Posted on: January 17, 2020
DDR Clerk JobApply now Date: Jan 13, 2020Location:Newark, DE, US,
19713Company: BJ's Wholesale Club, Inc.BJ's Wholesale Club was the
first retailer to introduce the warehouse club concept in the
northeastern United States. Today, were a multibillion dollar
operation with more than 200 clubs in 17 states from Maine to
Florida.While our Members know us for helping them save up to 25%
off grocery prices every day, our Team Members love us for
providing a supportive and engaging workplace thats committed to
developing great talent.If youre a motivated and enthusiastic
person who enjoys working collaboratively and is committed to
providing great service for our Members, we want to hear from you.
BJs offers a fast-paced, team environment with great training
opportunities and competitive salary and benefits packages to help
you succeed.DAMAGE DEFECTIVE RETURNS (DDR) CLERKJob
SummaryResponsible for processing and sorting damaged or defective
and/or returned merchandise, reducing salvage, , obtaining return
authorizations from vendors and re-wrapping sellable
merchandise.Major Tasks, Responsibilities, and Key Accountabilities
- Provides members with prompt and courteous service and
assistance. Maintains high standards of safety, service, and
sanitation for members and team members.
- Accurately processes damaged or defective merchandise by
following appropriate salvage, donation, vendor return, reverse
logistic, hazardous waste and destroy procedures.
- Obtains return authorizations from vendors, processes vendor
charge-backs, and packages and ships merchandise returns based on
vendor return policies.
- Maintains the correct stock / inventory status for all damaged,
defective and returned merchandise.
- Assesses breakage logs associated with leaking, spoiled and
broken merchandise and processes merchandise out of inventory.
Processes freezer and dairy damages.
- Understands the companys community / donation programs and
administers salvage and donation merchandise orders.
- Reviews daily return reports, processes merchandise recalls,
and processes tire and battery returns.
- Re-wraps sellable merchandise using appropriate seal and
shrink-wrap packaging guidelines.
- Ensures the department is organized and clean. Follows
established safety, filing organization, and lock-up
- Maintains all club policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned, including working in other
departments as needed.Qualifications
- Must successfully complete required training and certification
- Effective communication, interpersonal, and computer
- At least 18 years of age.Environmental Job Conditions
- Most of the time is spent moving about on hard surfaces.
Frequently requires bending, climbing, crawling, pulling, reaching,
stooping and climbing ladders/step stools.
- Frequently requires lifting objects up to 30 pounds. May
require lifting and moving heavy and/or awkward objects more than
30 pounds with assistance. Requires using a pallet jack to pull and
- Exposure to both indoor and outdoor temperatures, as well as
occasional exposure to extreme temperatures in freezers and
- Frequent exposure to hazardous material.BJ's Wholesale Club is
committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all
qualified team members and applicants for employment without regard
to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, ancestry,
national origin, physical and/or mental disability, genetic
information, atypical cellular or blood trait, marital and/or
familial status, pregnancy, gender identity and expression,
military or veteran status, or any other characteristics protected
by applicable law.
Keywords: BJ's Wholesale Club, Newark , DDR Clerk Job, Other , Newark, Delaware
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!