Community Inclusion Specialist, O/N PT/30 New Castle County, DE
Posted on: January 9, 2021
Community Inclusion Specialist New Castle County, DE
- 30 hours/week, Thursday - Saturday, 11pm - 9am, Overnight
- Medical, dental, vision, life insurance, paid time off, flex
spending, and additional optional benefits.Mission: Advancing
inclusive communities where every person, regardless of
circumstances, has the right and opportunity to live their best
life.Core Values: We believe each person should:
- Be included, respected, and valued.
- Have ongoing information, experiences, and expectations from
which to make choices.
- Have a variety of relationships.
- Live and participate in the communities of their choice.
- Have a career, dreams for the future, and make meaningful
contributions.Job Summary: Provides support to persons with
disabilities in developing and/or maintaining skills to enhance the
quality of their lives in the community; observes and responds to
the physical, social, behavioral, career and personal needs of
persons served; advocates for the needs of persons served and
serves as a link to community inclusion; assists with daily
routines (i.e. household tasks, employment related task, personal
care, etc.).Essential Functions:
- Provide appropriate level of supervision and training to
persons served to facilitate their social well-being, health and
safety in the least restrictive environment;
- Administer medication to persons served per medication
administration procedures upon successful completion of state
required certification (Limited Lay Administration of
- Assist persons served to take public transportation or ensures
transport to access community resources. Assist with the planning
and implementation of daily activities; including those that
promote social inclusion and building social capital for each
- Follow prescribed SJCS procedures to daily document supports
provided to persons served including progress towards skill
acquisition, choices, health matters, achievements and
challenges.3. Attend and participate in all mandated events,
workshops, training, investigations and meetings.4. Ensure
responsible usage of personal and agency resources, e.g. vehicles,
property, finances, etc.5. Performs other job related duties as
assigned.Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of community resources that lead to social inclusion
and autonomy of persons served
- Ability to gain working knowledge of St. John's Community
Services policies and procedures.
- Ability to act as a representative of St. John's Community
Services to the public
- Ability to effectively communicate and coordinate with other
staff members and individuals from diverse backgrounds
- Knowledge of acceptable meal assistance and safety practices
- Skilled in the operation of relevant computer systems,
including hardware and software, and office machinesEducation and
- High school diploma or G.E.D. required.
- One or more years related experience working with persons with
disabilities required; experience in community based programs
- Must meet SJCS and funding jurisdiction current requirements
for criminal background/records check and drug screening.
- Valid health certificate to meet current funding jurisdiction
- Valid state-issued driver's license with current driving record
in good standing required
- DE Medication Administration training certificate (LLAM -
Limited Lay Administration of Medication) and Crisis Intervention
training certification (MANDT or equivalent) preferred; current
CPR/First Aid certification a plus.Physical and Environmental
Conditions:Work may require lifting heavy objects up to 30
pounds.Work environment involves risks or discomforts that require
special safety precautions e.g. safely operating a motor vehicle;
lifting, transferring and/or positioning persons served; exposure
to challenging human behavior; practices with office equipment;
and/or avoidance of trips and falls.
Keywords: SJCS, Newark , Community Inclusion Specialist, O/N PT/30 New Castle County, DE, Other , Newark, Delaware
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!