Talent Acquisition Specialist
Company: University of Delaware
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Pay Grade: 29E
Context of Job:
Under general direction of the Associate Director, the Talent
Acquisition Specialist provides strategic guidance and leadership
on campus-wide recruitment efforts. The Talent Acquisition
Specialist assists in the development of recruitment strategies and
plans and plays a critical role in ensuring academic and
administrative units can select candidates that best meet their
needs. The ideal candidate is great at networking and building
relationships with candidates and hiring managers.
- Develop and execute strategic recruitment initiatives designed
to attract and retain the most qualified employees.
- Create network of industry contacts, professional
organizations, association memberships, trade groups and employees
to advance recruitment objectives.
- Design and develop marketing information to assist in
- Performs advanced social media and Boolean sourcing.
- Establish and maintain relationships with hiring managers to
stay abreast of current and future hiring and business needs.
Assist hiring managers in developing pools of qualified candidates
and putting together a recruitment strategy.? Provide follow
through with all hires to ensure they have a positive onboarding
- Collaborate with Classification/Compensation on the creation of
job descriptions and salary determinations.
- Act as a brand ambassador to attract diverse talent.? Research
and recommend new sources for active and passive candidate
- Build networks to find qualified passive candidates.
- Perform searches for qualified candidates according to relevant
job criteria, using computer databases, networking, internet
recruiting resources, and employee referrals.
- Collaborate with the Office of Communications and Marketing to
develop internal and external materials recognizing the University
of Delaware as an Employer of Choice.
- Maintain current knowledge of Equal Employment Opportunity
(EEO) and affirmative action guidelines and laws, such as the
Americans with Disabilities Act.
- Perform administrative duties and recordkeeping related to
- Perform job-related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree and three years related experience, or
equivalent combination of education and experience. Degree in Human
Resources, Business Administration, or another related field
preferred Higher education experience preferred.
- Ability to use creative sourcing techniques including but not
limited to the use of social media, employee referrals, Boolean
searches, x-ray, and networking to identify top talent for the
- Knowledge of behavioral assessment surveys used to identify
optimal job performance.
- Knowledge of predictive validity and other validation criteria
associated with the recruitment process.
- Ability to design and develop recruitment plans. Full life
cycle recruitment experience across multiple lines of business.?
Ability to analyze job requirements and establish appropriate
applicant selection criteria and matrices.
- Ability to create, compose, and edit written materials.
- Ability to use advanced techniques in spreadsheet, database,
and/or presentation software.
- General knowledge of various employment laws and
- Knowledge of federal, state and university EEO/AA/ Diversity
laws, guidelines, and procedures.
- Effective presentation skills to both internal and external
groups and events.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Ability to maintain the highly confidential nature of human
- Ability to communicate and interact well with people of all
ages and diverse backgrounds.
Keywords: University of Delaware, Newark , Talent Acquisition Specialist, Other , Newark, Delaware
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!