Housing Quality Standards (HQS) Inspector - Newark, DE - Part-Time
Company: McCright & Associates
Posted on: May 3, 2021
McCright is a national leader and a trusted partner of choice for
public housing authorities who demand product and service
excellence. After conducting more than 2,000,000 inspections across
the nation, McCright understands the unique needs of the housing
industry and the flexibility needs of our employees.
Corporately based in beautiful Chattanooga, Tennessee, McCright &
Associates is an American company and proudly operating as a woman
and veteran owned enterprise.
McCright services include:
- HQS Inspection Services
- UPCS Inspections Services
- SEMAP Reviews
- PHA Policy Consulting
- HCV Program Management Services
- Remote Recertification Services
- Rent Determination and Negotiation
HQS Inspector Description
Under the direct supervision of the Regional Inspections Manager,
the position of the HQS Inspector will be responsible for
conducting HQS inspections following the guidelines of HUD's
Housing Quality Standards and the contracted Housing Authority's
administrative plan. All inspectors are required to complete the
provided classroom, online, and field training and must pass the
final HQS certification exam.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Conducting all types of inspections: Initial Inspections,
Annual Inspections, Re-Inspections, Complaint Inspections,
- Collect and transmit data using the hand held device.
- Pull schedule and inspection information for upcoming work
- Complete and submit required documents to corporate
Minimum Education, Training, and/or Experience
- Graduation from high school or completion of GED.
- Completion of Inspector Training Classes, achievement of lead
based paint visual assessment course, successful completion of HQS
certification exam. All training programs are provided by
- Any equivalent combination of education, training, and
experience which constitutes the required knowledge and abilities,
determined by McCright.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Moderate to excellent computer ability.
- Current drivers license. Must be available to drive during all
- Have dependable transportation and maintain adequate automobile
liability insurance on vehicle used to perform job.
- Knowledge of the general operations and procedures of a Public
Housing Agency (PHA) and of local, state, and federal regulations
governing subsidized housing programs.
- Proven proficiency of modern equipment including cell phones,
fax machines, scanners, computers, palm or other hand held devices,
GPS, and printers.
- Prepare and present ideas in a clear and concise manner, both
orally and in written form.
- Establish, maintain, and promote effective working
relationships with departmental employees, co-workers, vendors,
consultants, contractors, and landlords/tenants; display ability to
effectively communicate with people from a broad range of
- Ability to work productively in a variety of working conditions
- Required to participate in McCright's HQS Training Program and
pass the final certification exam.
All positions are PRODUCTION-BASED (based
on completed inspections)
Based on average production levels, you can earn
approximately $20-$25 most hours.
BENEFITS - Dental and vision insurance is
available for all level of inspectors. Inspectors classified as
full-time will be eligible for paid vacation, employee health
insurance, and nine paid holidays.
Keywords: McCright & Associates, Newark , Housing Quality Standards (HQS) Inspector - Newark, DE - Part-Time, Other , Newark, Delaware
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!