Assistant General Counsel
Company: JPMorgan Chase & Co.
Posted on: May 3, 2021
The Legal Department of JPMorgan Chase & Co. provides legal
services and advice to the Firm globally. Legal is responsible for,
among other things:
managing actual and potential litigation and enforcement
matters, including internal reviews and investigations related to
advising on products and services, including contract
negotiation and documentation
advising on offering and marketing documents and new business
managing dispute resolution
interpreting existing laws, rules and regulations, and advising
on changes thereto
advising on advocacy in connection with contemplated and
proposed laws, rules and regulations, and
providing legal advice to the Board of Directors, the business
and functions. Legal selects, engages and manages outside counsel
for the Firm on all matters in which outside counsel is
This Assistant General Counsel will be the primary point of
contact for document retention and collection; document review
management, including selection and oversight of document hosting
and review vendors; and general discovery project management.
- Acts as the primary point-of-contact for legal teams, advising
and coordinating discovery activities.
- Manages the day-to-day case details throughout the discovery
life cycle among all the collaborating parties, including the firms
internal attorneys, outside counsel, vendors and firm's internal
discovery IT group.
- Conducts early matter outreach, discovery planning, budgeting,
custodian scoping, tracking, status reporting, managing to
timelines and overseeing production requests.
- Coordinates case team status conference calls, creates agendas,
and meeting minutes.
- Communicates issues to case team, manages expectations and
tracks to resolution.
- Develops a strong understanding of JPMC data sources and
discovery process, including processing.
- Manages document review on a matter level, working closely with
in-house and outside counsel, document review vendors, and internal
case management personnel in creating and executing discovery
- Collaborates with internal counsel on high priority matters by
conducting key searches, analysing and reviewing documents, and
providing summaries of critical communications and
- Coordinates reviews with counsel to ensure that case goals are
achieved, including leveraging reporting/metrics to track and
manage document reviews.
- Collaborates with legal teams on standard review protocols and
- Consults with case teams to leverage and integrate technology
within review process.
- Actively participates in strategic initiatives for the legal
discovery management team.
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions,
offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers,
small businesses and many of the worlds most prominent corporate,
institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and
Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a
leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking,
commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset
- J.D. from an accredited law school as well as at least 5 years
of practice experience.
- Attorney must be licensed to practice law and a member in good
standing in the state/jurisdiction in which the position is based
or otherwise in compliance with the in-house counsel registration
rules of that state/jurisdiction.
- Previous discovery experience at a consulting firm, discovery
vendor, or top tier law firm strongly preferred.
- Ability to prioritize work and effectively manage a large case
- Deep understanding of discovery review platforms.
- Experience with Technology Assisted Review (TAR) tools,
workflows, and strategies.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to track multiple
- Exceptional analytical, time management, interpersonal, and
problem solving skills.
- Superior presentation skills required to provide status to key
audiences in a concise, informative, and timely manner.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
- All candidates for roles in the Legal department must
successfully complete a conflicts of interest clearance review
prior to commencement of employment.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse
talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to
our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high
value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not
discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including
race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation,
gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status,
pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under
applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make
reasonable accommodations for applicants and employees religious
practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans Our professionals in
our Corporate Functions cover a diverse range of areas from finance
and risk to human resources and marketing. Our corporate teams are
an essential part of our company, ensuring that were setting our
businesses, clients, customers and employees up for success.
With large, global operations, the Legal team tackles complex
issues and helps shape the regulations that affect the businesses.
The group is organized into practice groups that align with the
lines of business and corporate staff areas, which encourages
collaboration on legal, regulatory and business developments as
Keywords: JPMorgan Chase & Co., Newark , Assistant General Counsel, Other , Newark, Delaware
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!