Engineer (PHI Electric System Operations)
Company: Exelon Corporation
Posted on: May 3, 2021
At Exelon, we've got a place for you!
Join the nation's leading competitive energy provider, with one of
the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer
bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies
that strives for the highest standards of power generation,
competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of
outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought
leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a
diverse and inclusive workforce.
Exelon will provide you the tools and resources you need to design,
build and enhance a successful career. We are also dedicated to
motivating the success of our employees through competitive base
salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits.
Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune
100 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly
shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow. Energize
your career at Exelon!
Position responsible for engineering support of the ACE and
DPL Operations Control Centers. Duties would include support of day
to day operations as well as outage planning and long term projects
such as ADMS, iTOA, OneMDS.
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
Develops studies, plans, criteria, specifications, calculations,
evaluations, design documents, performance assessments, integrated
systems analysis, cost estimates, budgets, associated with the
planning, design, licensing, construction, operation, and
maintenance of Exelon's electric generation, transmission,
distribution, gas and telecommunication facilities/systems under
the guidance of an experienced engineer. Provides consultation and
recommendations to the Company within and to other business units
and/or customers as a result of studying company or customer-owned
systems, processes, equipment, vehicles or facilities under an
experienced engineer. Reviews financial data from budget and actual
costs of projects under the guidance of an experienced
Position may be required to work extended hours, including 24 x
7 coverage during storms or other energy delivery emergencies.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Performs engineering assignments while exercising independent
discretion under the guidance of an experienced engineer. (e.g.
Collect data, perform complex analysis, interpret results, draw
conclusions, and clearly present a recommendation to
- Performs engineering tasks associated with large projects or a
number of small projects. (e.g. Analyze and interpret the results
of complex power flows and perform complex engineering tests, and
analyze non-specific and ambiguous results)
- May direct the engineering tasks associated with a large
project or a number of small projects (e.g. Verify and validate
studies, blueprints, or designs against accepted engineering
principles and practices. Design high voltage transmission and
distribution circuits, meeting all engineering standards and
- Participates on teams and may lead teams.
- Provides technical assistance in support of senior engineers.,
managers and others.
- Applies technical knowledge to help promote a safe work
environment and to enhance customer satisfaction.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering
- Ability to analyze and interpret complex electrical and
- Knowledge and ability to apply problem solving approaches and
- Knowledge of engineering designs, principles and
- Two or more years of professional engineering experience
- General knowledge and experience with regulations, guides,
standards, codes, methods, and practices necessary to perform
assignments for a specific discipline, various installations, or
- Engineer in Training License
- Strong written and oral communication/presentation skills,
report generation & technical writing skills
- Interpersonal skills & the ability to collaborate with peers
- Consulting and needs assessment skills
- Time, project management and multi-tasking skills
Exelon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees
or applicants will receive consideration for employment without
regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race,
religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran
status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
EEO is the Law Poster - provided by Dice
Keywords: Exelon Corporation, Newark , Engineer (PHI Electric System Operations), Other , Newark, Delaware
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!