J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, offering
solutions to the world's most important corporations, governments
and institutions in more than 100 countries.
Collateral Principal Operations supports:
- Collateral Management credit risk mitigation, client financing
and fee based activity
- Collateral Services supports a wide range of products:
Derivatives, Forex, TBA, Prime Brokerage, Repos and Loans
- Daily we generate and distribute margin calls; agree call
amounts and collateral types; track and report call disputes,
reconcile trading portfolios, monitor settlements and provide
extensive regulatory reporting
- On average we issue and settle ~4,000 collateral calls per
- Collateral balances held by JPM and pledged to the client range
between $200Bn & $300Bn notional
Happy to talk flexible working.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our
company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion,
color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital
status, veteran status, or disability status.
Newark. We're right at home in Delaware, the world's credit card
capital. You could join over 5,000 employees in the state, who work
at 13 different locations. We have designated Newark, DE, as one of
our seven "strategic technology hubs" in the U.S., where we are
expanding operations. We're looking forward to our new Technology
Center, which will feature modern furnishings and state-of-the-art
collaboration tools. Come join us in Newark and be a part of our
Post the financial crisis, the financial services industry
continues to evolve and re-invent itself, partly driven by global
financial reform. At the forefront of financial reform are
regulatory efforts to decrease systemic and counterparty risk with
an aim at standardizing certain trading and risk management
practices. In the middle of these efforts is the need to
collateralize/margin transactions executed or cleared between
financial firms. If you are interested in an evolving fast paced
environment at the forefront of industry transformation, please
The Collateral Services Team supports bilateral OTC derivative
collateral requirements and all related settlements. The Client
Service Representative will deal primarily with buy-side clients
(Hedge Funds, Investment Advisors/Asset Managers) and will develop
partnerships internally with various Marketers/Salespeople,
individuals in Prime Brokerage, Credit Executives, Middle Offices,
and Line of Business Operations Teams.
Summary of Responsibilities
You will be client focused, able to work independently under
strict deadlines with limited supervision, be control oriented, as
well as be responsible for the following:
- Efficiently and accurately process both outgoing and incoming
margin calls and provide transparency to the client on the margin
call when necessary.
- Ensuring all transfers agreed are eligible under the
appropriate legal document.
- Responding to client inquiries, and when needed, coordinate
with the appropriate Front/Middle Office as well as the core
processing area in order to facilitate resolution.
- Identifying and resolving client disputes related to both
collateral and trade settlement discrepancies.
- Risk Mitigation (Operational, Financial and Reputational)
- Quality Client Service and Strong written and verbal
- Maintaining and building excellent relationships with both
internal partners and external clients.
Skills and Qualifications
- Desire to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic with a great appetite to learn and
develop new skills.
- Excellent relationship-building and good communication
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to organize
and prioritize work in a busy environment with the ability to work
under pressure and to deadlines