Case Manager (RN)
Company: Christiana Care Health System
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Christiana Care Health System, a Magnet health care organization
with over 1,100 beds between its two hospitals (Christiana Hospital
& Wilmington Hospital) and the only Level I trauma service on the
East Coast corridor between Philadelphia & Baltimore, has been
honored repeatedly as "One of America's Best Hospitals" by U.S.
News & World Report. Christiana Care Health System is always
seeking like-minded professionals to join us in our commitment to
providing the best patient care in the region. Just named 3rd in
the Top 10 Best Hospitals to work for in the North East.
The Christiana Care Health System is currently recruiting a Full
Time Registered Nurse to join the Care Management Team at the
Christiana Hospital. This is a full-time, unit base, day shift,
Case Management position. No weekends. No holidays.
We are seeking an energetic, motivated RN that wants
professional autonomy and understand the importance of care
coordination. The Case Manager is a vital member of the
interdisciplinary team that is responsible to create, implement,
and monitor treatment plans to ensure safe, timely, and effective
transitions throughout the care continuum and discharge
- Monday-Friday 8a-4:30p, No Weekends, No Holidays
- Generous Paid Time Off, Competitive Pay & Robust Benefits
- Highly engaged and motivated team
- 24/7 Leadership Support
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and coordinate an individualized care plan to ensure
safe and effective transfers in the movement of patients across the
- Assesses health status of patients/members who are targeted for
participation in cardiac disease management program; conducts
initial telephonic assessment interview and screening.
- Conducts patient education; collaborates with patients/members
to establish realistic goals and activities to enhance patient
self-management and participation in care plan.
- Monitors patients progress; consults with primary physician or
designee and other members of the care delivery team at agreed-upon
intervals. Follows patient post-discharge at expected
- Acts as consultant to members of the health care team and is
very visible Participates in data collection Uses theoretical and
educational frameworks and expert clinical knowledge base to
promote an provide patient, family staff and community
- Develops and implements educational materials and
- Participates in activities that contribute to the education of
other health care professionals. Plans and participates in
educational outreach activities for community organizations.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Registered Nurse with BSN required; Graduate of an accredited
school of nursing; BSN within 3 years of hire required
- Active DE Licensure, in good standing. DE license is required
upon hire and NJ, PA, MD licenses required within 90 days of
- Case Management Certification preferred through the Commission
for Case Management (CCM) or within 18 months of hire
Post End Date
Jun 30, 2021
EEO Posting Statement
Christiana Care Health System is an equal opportunity employer,
firmly committed to prohibiting discrimination, whose staff is
reflective of its community, and considers qualified applicants for
open positions without regard to race, color, sex, religion,
national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender
identity or expression, age, veteran status, disability, pregnancy,
citizenship status, or any other characteristic protected under
applicable federal, state, or local law.
Keywords: Christiana Care Health System, Newark , Case Manager (RN), Other , Newark, Delaware
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!