Substitute Fitness Trainer (Yoga Instructor + Circuit Training)
Company: Premise Health
Posted on: June 7, 2021
We have an opening for a PRN Fitness Trainer to work with our
employer-based Fitness Center located in Newark, DE!
Premise Health is a leading worksite health and patient
engagement company dedicated to improving the cost and quality of
employee healthcare. We believe healthcare should be about helping
people get, stay and be well. That's our mission and it's the
foundation of everything we do. With more than 40 years of
experience, Premise Health manages more than 500 worksite-based
health and wellness centers across the country. The company serves
more than 200 of the nation's leading employers, including a
significant number of the Fortune 1000.
Summary: Dedicated 1 day a week to teach a Yoga class on
Thursdays from 8am-8:45am. Additional openings throughout the week
available to teach (Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday - 4:30pm). Currently
teaching live virtual classes but will be back onsite as reopening
phases occur. Ideally seeking candidates who also have experience
with Circuit Training.
Join a dynamic team of professionals in providing challenging
fitness programming and assisting people in our mission to get,
stay and be well.
- Execute 1 on 1 or small group personal training session and
program design in a safe and effective way.
- Provide exercise leadership expertise according to the latest
American College of Sports Medicine, Exercise Testing and
Prescription guidelines (9th Edition).
- Create individualized and small group exercise programs
tailored to the specific needs of the participant(s).
- Engage with fitness center members regularly to offer fitness
based guidance and support when needed.
- Perform sub floor coverage or assist with specialty programs
when deemed necessary by site manager.
- Provide a platinum customer experience for all fitness center
members according to Premise Exercise Leadership, and Customer
If you want to join a team of knowledgeable, compassionate,
like-minded healthcare professionals, join Premise Health for an
unlimited opportunity with the company that is changing the face
and the place of the healthcare industry as we know it.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
- Personal Training certification from nationally recognized
authority organization (e.g. ACSM, NASM, NSCA etc.) or Bachelor's
degree in exercise science or a combination of education and
- Current certification in CPR/AED (hands on program required)
and First Aid required
- Group Fitness certification from nationally recognized
authority (e.g. AFAA, ACE, IDEA) preferred.
- Minimum of two years of education in the field of exercise
science or a related field and at least two years' experience in a
- Experience in, and ability to perform fitness assessments
including: Resting and exercise blood pressure and heart rate, Body
composition using skin fold calipers, Muscular strength and
endurance testing, Sub maximal cycle testing preferred.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Effective written and oral communication skills.
- Knowledge of exercise programming.
- Ability to demonstrate exercises to member.
- Knowledge of safety and proper technique.
Keywords: Premise Health, Newark , Substitute Fitness Trainer (Yoga Instructor + Circuit Training), Other , Newark, Delaware
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!