Cardno is currently recruiting for a Cultural Resources
technician in the Albany, New York area, with opportunities to
support projects throughout the Mid-Atlantic and Northeast United
States providing support for Cardno's diverse commercial,
industrial, and government clients.
The successful applicant will have knowledge of basic field
excavation techniques, the ability to process recovered
archaeological artifacts, and be able to properly complete field
and laboratory documentation. intern position will allow for
exposure to the major aspects of CRM as provided by a private
consulting firm. The individual selected for this position would be
expected to work approximately 8 hours per week.
This position supports Phase 1, II, and III field and lab
studies, as well as desktop research and reporting. As field
activities require strenuous physical labor, the successful
applicant should have the ability to perform repeated bending,
kneeling, and lifting, as well as carrying objects weighing over 50
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Perform field data collection activities, including traditional
cultural resource surveys and geophysics;
- Assist in data collection, technical analyses, and written
- Conduct research relevant to cultural resource reports;
- Support preparation of reports, tables, and figures;
- Support preparation of proposals and cost estimates; and
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Four plus years professional experience
- B.A/B.S. or M.A./M.S. in archaeology, anthropology or a related
- Good oral and written communication skills;
- Ability to organize well and plan effectively;
- Ability to conduct strenuous work in an outdoor
- Ability to lift and carry objects weighing over 50 lbs.
- Ability to work as a team player;
- Ability to travel occasionally;
- GIS experience preferred but not required.
Equal Opportunity statement for US based applicants
Cardno has a long standing policy of Equal Opportunity in
employment. Our practice is to fill positions by selecting
applicants who can perform the work in a competent and professional
manner. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, race,
color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender
identity, disability or veteran status. At any time, if you need an
accommodation during the application process, please contact Human
Cardno does not accept unsolicited resumes from any 3rd party
agencies. No fee will be paid to 3rd parties who submit unsolicited
resumes to any Cardno employee. Resumes from approved vendors must
be specifically requested by Cardno and approved by the Cardno
Talent Acquisition Team.