Water Damage Specialist-Basic
Posted on: June 7, 2021
RESTORING MORE THAN PROPERTY
Flooding. Fires. Windstorms. Hundreds of thousands of clients
rely on BELFOR Property Restoration each year to rebuild their
lives, homes, and businesses. We're Restoring More Than
With BELFOR specialists in every major metropolitan area in the
USA ready to respond 24/7/365, we provide the fastest, highest
quality service that's unmatched in the industry.
The right response team can mean the difference between recovery
and total loss. In the midst of chaos, you need an experienced
company with a proven track record and solid relationships with
leading insurance providers.
BELFOR is looking for qualified candidates for the following
position. BELFOR team members are a unique breed, committed to
restoring not only property, but restoring lives for those affected
by disasters, large or small.
BELFOR also offers a wide range of benefit options including,
but not limited to, 401(k), Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability,
Life Insurance, Employee Assistance Program, Paid Holidays and Paid
This position is responsible for providing operational support
in mitigation efforts for clients. Qualified candidates must have
the ability to perform tasks related to pumping and extracting
water, as well as mold removal, and must use various types of
specialized equipment under supervision. This position represents
level 2 in the progressive itinerary of Water Damage.
- Must be able to receive the instructions provided by the team
- Know and understand the MSDS protocols for the chemical
products used during mitigation processes.
- Perform daily inspections of vehicle safety and maintenance and
keep these clean and in perfect conditions of use.
- Attention to details.
- Must demonstrate mastery of the Book of Damage Caused by the
Water of BELFOR.
- Under supervision, you must demonstrate understanding and
proper use of the scraper and rinse rod, the weighed trawl, the
weighed extractor, the water extractor, the portable extraction
unit and the appropriate legal discharge and drainage systems.
- Under supervision, you must build adequate containment systems,
using appropriate calculations and equipment (Neg Air, HEPA
- Properly use cleaning / disinfecting solutions and debris
removal techniques from confined areas.
- Use under supervision appropriate lifting techniques, sliding
pads, polystyrene foam blocks; take care and protect the personal
belongings of the client.
- Under Supervision, you must properly remove the vapor barriers,
remove and label the recoverable cuttings, make holes for air to
flow, install an Injectidry system, a Directed-In system and an
Octi-Dry system, use non-penetrating and penetrating meters.
- The professional will be obliged to comply with the standards
of BELFOR to safeguard the property of other people.
- Must have a deep knowledge of customer service, as well as the
principles and practices of this.
- Ability to work with time constraints to meet specific
- You will be periodically requested to travel and work at night
and during weekends.
- You must inform in a timely and accurate manner about the time
worked and the equipment and consumables used.
- Attend the operations sponsored by BELFOR and the security
training courses that are necessary.
- Water pumping and extraction
- Mold remediation
- Moving & re-setting contents
- Setting drying equipment
- Antimicrobial applications as appropriate
- Vehicle safety and maintenance inspections
- Maintaining vehicles in clean serviceable condition
- Constructing polyethylene enclosures
- Removing and disposing of debris
- Maintaining equipment used in daily tasks
- Additional other duties as required
- Must be able to identify Product (consumables), usage and
disposal requirements with training
- Must have knowledge of various pump systems
- Eligible to operate a motor vehicle per BELFOR's vehicle
- Possess sense of urgency, professional demeanor, positive
attitude, and strong work ethic
- English language literacy and fluency
- Frequent lifting in excess of 50 lbs
- Occasional lifting from 41 lbs +, assisted (up to 50% of the
- Access and mobility in tight spaces
- Sustained periods of standing, sitting, walking, bending, and
- Ability to use mobile devices for collection of data and
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general
nature and level of work being performed by employees, and are not
to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties
and skills required of personnel so classified.
Keywords: Belfor, Newark , Water Damage Specialist-Basic, Other , Newark, Delaware
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!