World leader in gases, technologies and services for Industry
and Health, Air Liquide is present in 80 countries with
approximately 66,000 employees and serves more than 3,6 million
customers and patients. Oxygen, nitrogen and hydrogen have been at
the core of the company's activities since its creation in 1902.
Air Liquide's ambition is to be the leader in its industry,
delivering long-term performance and acting responsibly.
Entity and activity description
Air Liquide is helping to draw the contours of the energies of
tomorrow and seeks to introduce scientific and technological
innovations into society that will open up new markets while
addressing today's economic and environmental challenges.
In a world where energy needs and sources are changing rapidly,
the ability to transform organic resources into renewable and
totally carbon-free energy is poised to become part of the new
energy mix. The energy produced in this way offers the advantage of
being easy to store and responsive to the need for sustainable
heating and clean transportation in modern societies.
To this end, the Air Liquide Biogas team embodies the ambition
of the Air Liquide group, developing global solutions for
biomethane upgrading. We are present across the biomethane supply
chain: production from organic and farm wastes, purification,
liquefaction, packaging, transportation and distribution. Using Air
Liquide's innovative membrane technology, we are able to separate
methane and carbon dioxide to generate high quality biomethane.
With over 50 biogas sites worldwide and more than 100 years of
experience in gas separation, Air Liquide is in a position to
provide clean energy solutions for power and transportation to our
customers and the community.
The Process Engineer will help grow our membrane business by
providing creative technology solutions to assist in solving our
customer's complex separations challenges. This role will vary with
business demands and will include field demonstration of new
technology, design and start-up of new and existing applications,
field services and data collection, customer support and sales
Duties and Responsibilities
- Demonstrate leadership in process and operational safety at all
times, and demand that of others, including plant personnel,
- Design membrane based process solutions, incorporating hybrid
technologies and ranging from initial conceptual design and
development through deployment, operations and project
- Primary focus will be on the use of Air Liquide Advanced
Separations (ALaS) membrane portfolio including MEDAL and
PEEK-Separation technologies for the production of renewable
- Provide expert level of membrane product/process knowledge and
- Support the Biogas Engineering and Business Development team
with design basis, cost estimates and technical proposals for
- Assist in start-up of projects as needed including commercial
projects and first-of-a- kind/demonstration projects.
- Support onsite customer demonstrations of membrane technology
including test system installation, commissioning, startup, and
- Develop P&IDs, control philosophy, equipment
specifications/selection and requisitions, proposals, operator
manuals and support Hazops.
- Develop packaging and pretreatment standards for Biogas
- Respond to functional and technical elements of RFIs/RFPs.
- Perform simulations to support solutions development and model
- Support continuous improvement of models with operational data
from field testing and commercial systems.
- Develop and maintain strategic relationships with fabricators
- Perform technical/product training for inside and outside
- Maintain accurate records of target accounts, opportunities,
quotes, projects and contracts.
- Other duties, as required, in support of growing Air Liquide's
Qualifications & Competencies
- BS in Chemical Engineering or comparable program.
- Experience with process modeling software, Hysys preferred
- Ability to work collaboratively with people and organizations
in multiple geographies while delivering results
- Ability to conceptualize and communicate business needs
- Exceptional problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Experience in chemical and/or hydrocarbon processing; hands-on
field and plant experience preferred
- Experience in gas separations; experience with membranes
- 3+ years of relevant experience
- Ability to travel domestically up to 20%
- Typical of an office environment with frequent travel for
customer presentations, training, field testing, plant start-up &
- Lifting up to 50 lbs
Candidate must have valid unrestricted employment authorization
in the U.S. and must not require visa sponsorship now or in the
future. This position is not open for non-immigrant visa
This position is identified by Air Liquide as "safety-sensitive"
and as such is subject to random drug testing in accordance with
the current Drug and Alcohol Policy.