Business Analyst - Associate, Markets, Cross Product Change Services
Company: JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A.
Posted on: June 9, 2021
J.P. Morgan's Corporate & Investment Bank (CIB) is a global
leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world's
most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust
us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $23.5
trillion of assets under custody and ranked #1 for Global
Investment Banking fees, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides
strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends
liquidity in markets around the world.
Cross Product Change Services (CPCS) is a change delivery
organisation within the CIB's Digital & Platform Services
(D&PS) that provides integrated change, testing and
implementation support to CIB stakeholders. CPCS capabilities
include end-to-end test management and automation, business
analysis, data analysis and program management, which are tailored
to enable strategic initiatives in the Wholesale Payments, Markets
and Securities Services businesses, as well as cross-business
functions such as Network Management and Client Onboarding (Client
Tax & WKO).
Markets Operations provides operational support and controls across
all asset classes including equities, fixed income, currencies and
commodities. Services provided encompass trade support,
pre-execution support for electronic trade systems and vendor
platforms, client servicing, industry and regulatory reporting,
operational controls, securities and derivatives processing, asset
servicing, clearing, settlement and collateral management, vaulting
and movement of physical commodities, reconciliations and billing
support for clients and partners in over 100 global markets
J.P. Morgan is seeking an Associate to work within an agile team or
component structure comprising of Product, Operations, Technology
and UAT representatives, a Business Analyst will help elaborate
strategic business and operations requirements for one or more
business initiatives. Flexibility to provide project BA experience
to other LOB's and support transformational Global initiatives
within Cross Product Change Services.
- Articulate and document process flows including customer
interactions, operational intervention, end to end flows, data
- Understand client, market and regulatory requirements, their
current product usage and prioritise the requirements based on data
analysis and strategic business need.
- Perform impact analysis for business initiatives to consider
which partner business groups that will consequently be required to
undergo technical or operational process change.
- Define functional and non-functional business requirements for
development and commercialisation in order to meet business
- Devise a transition process to ensure that Operations,
Technology and Service can seamlessly move to their respective
target state models.
- Analyse and elaborate product features and operational,
regulatory and compliance, UI, reporting and sanctions screening
- Develop subject matter expertise in multi LOB processes for
ad-hoc consultation for any unique or unexpected scenarios
- Conduct walk through and training sessions to update
stakeholders and user groups.
- Analyse defects by prioritising and exploring alternative
Functional and Technical Expertise
- Relevant experience within the Financial Services industry
supporting multiple LOB's delivering in a highly complex,
pressurised and high volume environment.
- Expertise in Agile project delivery methodology and skills to
learn and work with evolving methodologies.
- Ability to work with the minimum of supervision on day-to-day
- Strong organizational skills - ability to dynamically manage
and oversee critical tasks accurately and to tight deadlines.
- Sound understanding of Operational and Exceptions Processes
- Requirements analysis, elaboration and documentation skills
- Exposure to business process smart tools i.e. Signavio, Nintex,
Mendix or similar low code tools would be an advantage.
- Exposure to UX / UI Design Tools would be desirable.
- Experience with frameworks such as Cucumber, Gherkin and
Behavior Driven Development (BDD) would be an advantage.
- Understanding of the Agile methodology and experience of using
JIRA and MS Office.
- Ability to build partnerships and work in a collaborative team
Problem Solving and Analysis
- Highly skilled at problem solving, ability to scope and provide
structure to complex issues, rapidly learn unfamiliar processes and
provide insightful and timely remediation.
- attention to detail so errors can be prevented and redundancies
/ opportunities highlighted.
- Ability to keep sight of the overall context and remain centred
on the strategic picture, identify areas of opportunity for process
improvement and build out recommendation to proceed.
- Ability to use effective systemic data focussed reporting to
support program reporting.
- Advanced numeracy and Microsoft skills.
- Advanced communication skills with the ability to provide clear
and succinct verbal updates on their work to team members,
colleagues, senior heads, executives and clients.
- Ability to liaise effectively between lines of business with
empathy and understanding to achieve the common and strategic goal
as a team.
- PowerPoint / Pitch Pro skills - able to create professional
slides and structure presentations with minimal input and need for
- Collaboratively contributes to program updates, Project and
Working Style and Influence
- Ability to handle multiple projects, manage personnel & team
management in order to meet stakeholder expectations.
- Ability to build and nurture effective and lasting
relationships with colleagues, team members and stakeholders across
multiple business lines and global locations.
- Ability to work collaboratively and with effective influencing
skills to achieve positive outcomes.
- Ability to understand own role and those of other team members
and recognise at times the need for flexibility within roles to
achieve the project and organisational targets.
- Able to work comfortably and autonomously under pressure to
achieve target deadlines.
- Ability to work on a hands on basis and not limit oneself to
only tracking and reporting milestones.
- Able to raise concerns with management team and support
- Effective change management skills. Ability to support & adapt
within a changing environment.
- Self-starter, able to work autonomously, with strong time
- Batchelor degree (with relevant experience) preferred.
- Project / Agile methodology Qualification - preferred.
- Worked in CIB business function ie; Global Markets, Middle
Office, Wholesale Payments or Securities Services.
- Proven and evidenced successful business analysis
JPMorgan is an Equal Opportunity Employer.JPMorgan Chase & Co., one
of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial
solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of
the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government
clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans
over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking,
consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial
transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse
talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to
our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high
value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not
discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including
race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation,
gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status,
pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under
applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make
reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious
practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
Keywords: JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A., Newark , Business Analyst - Associate, Markets, Cross Product Change Services, Other , Newark, Delaware
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!