Attends work regularly according to assigned work schedule and
in accordance with agency policy.
- Follows instructions and adheres to established time
- Provides leadership and oversight for all areas of residential
services, which includes but is not limited to, conducting regular
on-site visits ( at a minimum, will visit each home twice a year)
when the people we support are present in the residence so as to
monitor the provision of services to persons served and to provide
support to direct support professionals.
- Works cooperatively with others including all staff,
supervisors, administrators, coworkers, People supported, secondary
consumers, community professionals, customers, vendors and the
- Provides administrative support by reviewing and approving time
tracks and sign in/out reports; reviewing and monitoring the
administration and reordering of medications; and recording and
monitoring the use of agency vehicles.
- Is responsible for other specific administrative tasks as
- Ensures staff at each home, prepare and serve meals consistent
with the posted menus and diets of each person.
- Prepares and/or reviews maintenance requests, Safety Committee
reports, incident and seizure reports, activity logs, weight
charts, fire drills, outgoing mail, and supply requests.
- Transports individuals to medical appointments, adjunct
therapies and other activities, ensuring appointment is completed
and documented correctly and paperwork is submitted.
- Informs staff of activities of residents including home visits,
changes in meds and medical appointments.
- Monitors and is responsible for maintaining and submitting,
receipts and expenditures.
- Supervises, evaluates and trains Assistant House Manager and
Direct Support Professionals under the direction of the Residential
- Ensures the implementation of policies and procedures and
provides feedback to the Residential Coordinator and Director.
- Attends Interdisciplinary Team Meetings as required.
- Ensure that all living environments are consistent with
relevant regulations and professional standards.
- Coordinates, oversee, and participate in activities.
- Ensures implementation and documentation of Individual Program
Plans and/or Essential Lifestyle Plans, including behavioral
- Visits people supported at their day program monthly.
- Ensures that quality leisure activities are planned and carried
- Provides supervision and training to people supported in order
to promote each individual's growth toward his/her highest
- Takes necessary action in emergency situations in accordance
with agency polices and reports such incidents on appropriate
- Oversight and monitoring of all written/online documentation
including but not limited to; BM charts, Data Sheets, T-Logs and
- Ability to physically restrain (utilizing proper techniques,
ie; Mandt) as required.
- Uses crisis intervention techniques in emergency situations
when people are in danger of injuring themselves or others.
- Responsible to staff the house according to ratios, on a daily
basis, within/according to budget.
- Provides direct care during hours as required, a minimum of
15-20 hours per week.
- Assumes on-site, on-call duties as assigned.
- Assumes other duties, responsibilities and special projects as
- Is responsible for monitoring and replenishing of First Aid
- Is responsible for grocery, bulk/household and person supported
shopping. Is responsible to ensure adequate amounts of all food and
supplies are available for the house and persons supported;
within/according to budget.
- Is responsible for person supported spending records and
receipts as well as supporting them with any necessary banking,
according to agency policy.
- Conducts monthly staff meeting and is responsible for monthly
person supported meetings.
- Documents monthly staff attendance on established roster.
- Attends all required ARM meetings.
- Is responsible for annual inventories, house and person
supported, two times per year.
- Assists in providing responses to all licensing reviews. Is
responsible to ensure all plans of correction are carried out as
- Attends monthly manager meetings.
- Is responsible for Monthly Residential Quality Assurance
Reviews, including daily notes for each person.
- Disciplines staff as required.
- Will use personal vehicle when required to perform duties.
- Provides for the management of crisis situations including a
natural disaster, a behavioral or medical emergency, or any
unplanned situation requiring immediate intervention. Provides for
an on call system in conjunction with the Chief Operating Officer
and rotates on-call responsibilities with direct reports and
- Keeps the staff informed and seeks ideas for improvement
through staff meetings incorporating these ideas into the
continuous Quality Improvement Plan.
- Conducts regular staff meetings to ensure timely and
appropriate departmental communications and maintains records of
- Conducts constructive staff performance appraisals on
management and staff as required, and ensures valid and timely
completion of all evaluations in accordance with Agency policies
- Ensures ongoing staff development, timely completion of staff
training requirements as determined by Agency policy and
individualized initiatives to encourage retention and staff
- Responsible for orienting and training staff on the job, and
maintains training requirements within required time frames.
- Participates in maintaining program files
- Is responsible for person supported attendance roster.
- Is responsible for the timely completion and submission of all
- Works cooperatively and effectively with others including all
staff, supervisors, administrators, co-workers, customers, vendors
and the public and ensures staff responsiveness.
X Ability to communicate on X Valid driver's
the telephone license and ability to drive.
X Ability to write X Ability to complete tasks
X Ability to stand with numerous interruptions
X Ability to stand for X Ability to work with little
long periods of time direct supervision
X Ability to go up and down stairs _ Ability to sit for long
periods of time
X Ability to speak X Ability to manipulate numbers
X Ability to read X Ability to type
X Ability to hear _ Ability to operate machinery
X Ability to understand without posing a safety hazard
technical written material to self or others
_ Ability to lift up to 20lbs. X Compassion and respect for
_ Ability to lift up to 50lbs. with developmental
X Ability to life more than 50lbs and the ability to earn their
X Full range of motion above the head x Ability to use a
X Valid certification of CPR/FA
X Full awareness of environment
X Ability to bend, lift and carry
Education: Bachelors Degree or Associates of Arts degree in
special education or a related field, with emphasis in the areas of
education, psychology, and social science or a related field.
One to two years minimum experience working with persons who are
developmentally disabled in a dormitory/group residence and/or
experience in management or supervisory position.
Experience: Experience with people with autism or mental
Capacity for supervisory responsibilities.
Knowledge of health issues and first aid.
Knowledge of matters pertaining to home management and thorough
knowledge of the type of work in which adults are to be
Ability to guide and instruct people with developmental
Ability to establish and maintain successful working
Ability to plan, supervises, and directs the work of others
Ability to work a flexible schedule, including weekends.
Working knowledge of Work Perfect and other computer
Skills Test: None
Notes: At the discretion of the Personnel Officer, additional
related experience and/or education may be substituted in lieu of
the requirements specified above under "Education and
MUST HAVE A CAR AND HAVE
AND ACCEPTABLE DRIVING
RECORD AS DETERMINED BY CRITERIA
ESTABLISHED BY THE AGENCY'S
INSURANCE CARRIER AND BY THE