Company: Sirius Technical Services
Posted on: January 4, 2022
Sirius Staffing is seeking a Metabolism Chemist for the Newark,
DE area for a 6 month to 1 year contract, possibly longer. Please
contact me if you are interested in more info!
Overview: The Metabolism Chemist position requires broad knowledge
of organic and analytical chemistry, radiochemistry, biochemistry
and/or pharmacology with practical experience with
pharmacokinetics, pharmacodynamics, and metabolism. This is an
office-based position that utilizes experimental knowledge and
regulatory know-how to support and advise internal
multidisciplinary functions from early research and development
through commercialization and defense of materials in the company s
agrochemical portfolio. Responsibilities:
- Determine metabolic pathways and identify metabolites of
agricultural active ingredients in various plant and animal
matrices through the design, execution and interpretation of in
vitro and in vivo plant and animal metabolism studies at Contract
Research Orgnaizatons, applying state-of-the-art analytical
procedures and instrumentation, including radiotracer
- Plan and oversee the research of contract laboratories for
metabolism work to meet regulatory requirements and product safety
- Review and summarize metabolism data from in-house studies,
literature, and other sources to prepare product monographs or
- Prepare written reports and oral presentations to global
business groups and regulatory agencies on human health impacts of
agricultural active ingredients and their degradation
- Effectively manage numerous tasks/projects simultaneously to
meet internal/external deadlines while maintaining organizational
integration within a global scientific support team.
- Partner with key internal registration managers, scientists, or
external technical experts worldwide. Maintain and expand a network
of consultant experts and contract facilities capable of conducting
agrochemical metabolism studies.
- Respond appropriately to regulatory requirements in order to
support registration, re-registration, and label expansion for
products and innovative chemistry or technology.
- Ensure all contract laboratory operations and record-keeping
are of high quality and compliant with the GLP standards or other
- Ensure contract laboratory operations are performed in
accordance with safety procedures and display a personal commitment
- Prepare white paper documents or responses to Agency
- Attend professional meetings and scientific/technical training
or workshops to maintain current scientific knowledge and observe
emerging trends within relevant disciplines.
- Participate in task forces of special interest (primarily
agricultural products related). Publish or present scientific
information at meetings and in journals.
- Advance core values of safety, respect, stewardship, and
ethics. Required Education:
- PhD in Analytical Chemistry, Biochemistry, Pharmacology,
Medicinal Chemistry or related discipline and a minimum 3-5 years
relevant work experience in a commercial setting relevant to the
pharmacokinetics and metabolism of organic chemicals.
- MS in Analytical Chemistry, Biochemistry, Pharmacology,
Medicinal Chemistry, or related discipline and a minimum 7-10 years
- Broad scientific knowledge in organic chemistry, analytical
chemistry, pharmacology, metabolism, or similar scientific
discipline related to agricultural or pharmaceutical products.
- Hands-on experience with isolation and structural
identification of test compounds and degradation products from
biological systems using radiochemical techniques and advanced
instrumentation (MS, NMR).
- Knowledge of global regulations and GLP requirements for plant
and livestock metabolism studies (in-life and analytical phases)
for agricultural chemicals.
- Ability to design and manage appropriate ADME, crop and
livestock metabolism studies under FIFRA and OECD guidelines.
- Project management skills to monitor, manage, and meet
deadlines for GLP-compliant studies conducted through external
contract facilities. Knowledge of and compliance with GLPs.
- Knowledge and hands-on experience with pharmacokinetics.
- Excellent and effective written and verbal communication
skills. Technical writing capability for comprehensive scientific
reports and presenting results to/for appropriate target audiences.
Ability to present scientific data to non-technical audiences.
- Ability to critically evaluate complex scientific data in order
to provide recommendations to key staff and management. Sirius
Staffing is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to
characteristics such as race, color, national origin, religion,
gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status,
citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any
other status protected by law. Associated topics: biochemistry,
ceramic, chemistry, coating, formulation, glass, latex, material,
material science, rubber
Keywords: Sirius Technical Services, Newark , Metabolism Chemist, Other , Newark, Delaware
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!