Sr. Research Scientist (In-Vitro)
Company: Scientific Search
Posted on: November 22, 2022
Sr. Research Scientist
Location: Newark, DE
Our client is a biopharmaceutical company focused on the discovery,
development, and commercialization of novel medicines to meet
serious unmet medical needs in oncology and inflammation and
autoimmunity. They are committed to the pursuit of research and
development excellence to improve the lives of patients, make a
difference in health care, and build sustainable value. The Company
strives to discover and develop first-in-class and best-in-class
medicines-advancing a diverse portfolio of large and small
The Sr. Research Scientist is responsible for performing in-vitro
studies for cancer drug discovery programs. This includes
developing relevant pre-clinical model systems to identify and
validate novel therapeutic targets. The successful candidate is
expected to work with minimal supervision in most molecular and
cellular biology techniques and demonstrates an understanding of
cancer biology. Experience with oncogenic signaling pathways and
targeted therapies is an advantage. The candidate is expected to
work with their supervisor to design and execute a research plan to
answer critical questions about compounds and targets under
- Independently design, execute and interpret cell-based assays
for small and large molecule discovery.
- Familiar with small molecule screening initiatives for
exploratory and lead optimization programs.
- Ability to maintain accurate and detailed records of
experiments, evaluate data, prepare reports and presentations for
internal meetings in a timely manner.
- Should be proficient at reviewing the relevant scientific
literature to build protocols using Pubmed and other
- Collaborate with other functional groups within drug discovery
to achieve shared goals.
- Flexibility to acquire additional competencies and skillsets as
- Should be highly independent and organized, with excellent
verbal and written communication skills.
- Bachelor's or master's degree in molecular/cell biology or
related fields with 3 years of drug discovery experience.
- Hands-on experience in cell culture and cell-based assays for
compound screening using platforms such as ELISA, HTRF, MSD, and
- Hands-on experience in standard molecular biology techniques,
including Western Blotting, RT-qPCR, and gene-editing techniques
- Experience in the ex-vivo culture of human tissues, immune cell
separation using magnetic beads, and flow cytometry.
- Working knowledge of CyTOF mass cytometry is desired.
- Experience working with the hematopoietic system, including
hematopoietic stem cell biology and/or hematological malignancies
is a plus.
- Client offers a competitive salary package that is dependent on
qualifications and experience as well as a strong benefit package,
plus participation in a companywide bonus plan. For immediate
consideration and faster response please forward current resume to:
email@example.com. Please include job #17503 in subject line.
Please note that all candidates applying must be a US Citizen or
Permanent Resident. Client will NOT sponsor.
Keywords: Scientific Search, Newark , Sr. Research Scientist (In-Vitro), Other , Newark, Delaware
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!