Sr. Specialist II, Scheduling/Planning
Posted on: November 22, 2022
Sr. Specialist II, Scheduling/Planning
Sr. Specialist II Scheduling/Planning
The Senior Specialist Scheduling/Planning is accountable for
providing Project Scheduling Controls Services for the projects
assigned. You will solve complex problems requiring detailed
knowledge of field and industry best practices in project controls.
You will utilize KBR specific project controls procedures to
effectively control project performance. You will provide project
scheduling controls services during the various phases of project
execution: front-end loading, detailed design, and construction and
may direct resources, prioritize tasks, and provide guidance to
less experienced team members. You will rely upon experience,
interpersonal skills, and broad knowledge of project controls to
ensure task completion in compliance with policies, procedures, and
This position will be based out of KBR's Newark, DE office with
potential trips to local client sites. There is potential for
periodic business travel to client sites. Work schedule is flexible
with remote work opportunities, pending project assignments.
* Prepares all levels of project schedules throughout the project
* Drive the effective execution of Planning and Scheduling services
on a portfolio of plant-based projects or major capital
* Actively interfaces with engineering work group leads,
procurement specialists, and field execution personnel to develop
resource loaded detailed integrated EPC schedules and obtain needed
schedule performance status updates for including in the integrated
project performance reporting.
* Provides project priorities to project team members to drive
* Provides written schedule status analysis summaries to project
* Actively participates in identification of negative trends and
identifying corrective action recommendations to project manager
and team members.
* Perform project schedule forecasting and reporting.
* Skills required for this job are typically acquired through the
completion of an undergraduate degree and 7+ years of experience on
engineering and construction projects.
* Proficient in Primavera P6 scheduling software
* Knowledgeable regarding Front End Loading, Detailed Design &
Procurement and Construction Installation schedule preparation,
analysis, and maintenance for clients' capital projects . The
ability to work with all disciplines to develop the project
schedule, gather update information, analyze the schedule, prepare
critical path, look ahead & resource schedules and lead schedule
review meetings with the project team.
* Earned Value, with CPI and SPI knowledge and experience for both
engineering & construction phases
* Proficient with Microsoft Office, specifically Excel
* Skill should include pivot tables, formulas, chart creation and
managing large data files
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to
function within a project team
* Preferred: Knowledge of the following PC's concepts, processes,
and software applications is beneficial.
* Schedule Risk Assessments
* Facilitating Interactive Planning Sessions
* Advanced Work Packaging
* Experience with measuring and reporting of project performance
* Process Unit Revamp Projects and Turnaround experience
KBR offers a selection of competitive lifestyle benefits which
could include a 401K plan with company match, medical, dental,
vision, life insurance, AD&D, flexible spending account,
disability, paid time off, or flexible work schedule. We support
career advancement through professional training and
INCLUSION AND DIVERSITY AT KBR
At KBR, we are passionate about our people, sustainability, and our
Zero Harm culture. These inform all that we do and are at the heart
of our commitment to an ongoing journey toward being a more
inclusive and diverse company. That commitment is central to our
team of team's philosophy and fosters an environment of real
collaboration across cultures and locations. Our individual
differences and perspectives bring enhanced value to our teams and
help us develop solutions for the most challenging problems. We
understand that by embracing those differences and working
together, we are more innovative, more resilient, and safer. We
Deliver - Together.
In compliance with the U.S. federal government's vaccine mandate,
only candidates who are fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or have a
reasonable accommodation or approved medical exception will be
considered for this position.
KBR is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic
information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other
characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
Keywords: KBR, Newark , Sr. Specialist II, Scheduling/Planning, Other , Newark, Delaware
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!