Front Office Physical Therapy Specialist PRN Newark, DE
Posted on: November 24, 2022
*Please be advised, if you are viewing this position on Indeed,
that the salary rate/range set forth herein was provided by Indeed.
Concentra's market specific rate/range will be provided during the
Performs a variety of tasks in a clinic setting to enable
Therapists to advise and treat patients in accordance with
Concentra policies, practices and procedures.
*MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:*
* Reviews initial referral request for therapy services.
* Reviews PT Authorization Guidelines and Protocol notes.
* Contacts appropriate payer (employer/insurance carrier) to obtain
authorization for requestedtherapy services.
* Submits required documentation to payer to assist in
* Notifies the patient of scheduled therapy appointment(s)
* Documents all appropriate information per Policy and
* Communicates referral status and/or non-standard issues to the
Provider, Center Therapy Director, CSS Manager and other involved
* Communicates with center staff as necessary.
* Submits appropriate reports to CSS Manager/Area Therapy
* Occusource-Check in therapy
* Check out - therapy
* Charge out therapy
* Escorts patients and coordinate flow
* Pulls medical records and process charts
* Calls no shows
* Maintains authorization process/logs
* Tracks Plan of Care
*Patient Care/Dept. maintenance: (increase therapist
* Walk patients from therapy to the exam room and write the
appropriate information on the provider board.
* Print transcriptions and reports for Center Therapy Director
* Call for authorization and document on correct form. If after 3
attempts, is unsuccessful in obtaining authorization, contact
employer and notify Medical Director and Center Therapy
* Call patients daily to remind them of their appointment for the
next day and fill out appropriate log.
* Call patients who have missed their appointment and document in
the patient chart the reason for the missed appointment.
* Wash/Fold therapy linens.
* Wipe down treatment tables.
* Refill ultra sound bottles.
* Check temperature of hydro collator / paraffin bath and record in
* Performs HPEs
* Maintain inventory of therapy supplies and printed forms.
* Discard electrodes of discharged patients.
* Put together packets for Group Health Marketing.
* Fill/change water as needed in hot pack collator.
* Maintain inventory Fill/change water as needed in hot pack
* Defrost cold pack collator.
* Performs department cleaning
* Completes Essential Functions inventory form
* Assists with patient set up/take down
* Supervises exercise programs
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* Office environment
* This job requires access to confidential and sensitive
information, requiring ongoing discretion and secure information
* High school diploma or GED
If you're looking for an organization that cares for your growth
and well-being as much it does its patients, consider
This job requires access to confidential and sensitive information,
requiring ongoing discretion and secure information management.
Concentra is an Equal Opportunity Employer,including
Keywords: Concentra, Newark , Front Office Physical Therapy Specialist PRN Newark, DE, Other , Newark, Delaware
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!