Designer 2 - CableTV/Broadband
Company: TrueNet Communications
Posted on: May 27, 2023
TrueNet Communications is seeking -CableTV/Broadband Designer 2s
for -our Engineering team to work from our client's -location in
Newark, DE -at zip code 19713. The working schedule is
Monday-Friday, during normal business hours with some flexibility
required based on business needs. -The Designer 2 coordinates
plots, maps, designs and determines fiber node placement
requirements for hybrid fiber coax (HFC) and/ or fiber networks.
The Designer 2 creates accurate network maps, layouts, drawings,
and detailed electronic construction prints to meet customer
expectations. This position develops and maintains network
specification files. This position may perform cost analysis for
trenching, sweeping, node splits and upgrade projects. This level
of Designer must have an intermediate level of proficiency with
multiple industry design software tools, along with working
knowledge of both types of network design architectures - coax and
fiber. (This is meant to be a guide. Duties may vary dependent upon
Essential Position Functions: -
- Create or modify existing hybrid fiber coax (HFC) and/or fiber
designs using Lode Data or other applicable software.
- Design extensions and complete small system redesigns, in
accordance with customer design specifications.
- Create drafts using spatialNet -or other related software.
- Utilize AutoCAD or other customer specified software to post
strand mapping data, complete large fiber designs, and to post
- Produce consistent, high-quality HFC and/or fiber designs and
- Process engineering change orders to ensure that all related
work is complete/accurate and that all related documentation is
acquired and routed properly.
- Perform quality checks on field mapping notes and/or map
digitizing received from others to ensure that all drafting
specifications and RF design specifications have been met.
- Perform quality control checks on all designs to verify
powering specifications have been met.
- Provide necessary information to construction or maintenance
team on a timely basis, including strand maps, design maps, and
BOM's or digital files.
- Maintain high level production rates to meet/exceed customer
- Learn new software and adapt to new technology when
- Ability to work to project completion, against aggressive
- Other duties as assigned. -Education and/or Experience: -
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Associate or Bachelor's degree preferred.
- 3+ years' experience producing HFC and/or fiber designs
- 3+ years' experience using Lode Data, Bentley Comms and/or
other industry related design software tools required.
- 3+ years' experience drafting in AutoCAD or Microstation for
the Broadband industry preferred.
- Experience with spatialNet and Lode Data is HIGHLY
- Ability to prioritize and complete assignments accurately and
in a timely manner.
- Able to effectively handle multiple priorities with a strong
attention to detail in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, oral and written
- Must be able to work alone, and with a team.
- Must be able to pass a drug screen and criminal background
check. -Physical Demands: -The physical demands described here are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential duties of this job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions. -
- Frequent walking, standing, sitting within the work area.
- Lifting of up to 25 pounds one-third of the time.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
- Ability to effectively communicate with employees, management,
peers, et al. -Work Environment: -The work environment
characteristics described here are representative of those of a
standard office environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made
to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
- The work environment is that of an office position with minimal
to high noise levels.
- The position requires working independently, as well as part of
- This position requires verbal and face-to-face contact with
- Frequent use of a computer is necessary.
- This position requires use of all general office equipment.
-All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity,
gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics,
disability, age or veteran status.TrueNet is an Equal Opportunity
Employer of Minorities, Females, Individuals with Disabilities and
Protected Veterans.California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA), -We are
interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in
the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor visas for
this position (H1B, etc.).TrueNet -Communications is a national
infrastructure engineering and specialty contractor serving the
wireless, broadband, and telecommunications markets. We plan,
design, build and support communications infrastructure for our
clients across North America. -Join our team of professionals where
you can advance your career in a fast pace, GROWING industry! We
offer competitive salaries, excellent benefits, -401k, paid time
off and paid holidays.Powered by JazzHR
Keywords: TrueNet Communications, Newark , Designer 2 - CableTV/Broadband, Other , Newark, Delaware
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...