Logistics Technician 1 - 1st Shift
Company: Valassis Marketing Solutions
Posted on: May 14, 2022
BUILD your career with an organization that is a leader in
intelligent media delivery, providing more than 58,000 clients with
innovative media solutions to influence consumers wherever they
plan, shop, buy and share.
LIVE your passion through a culture that actively supports
community involvement and delivers hope to missing children and
their families across the nation through its signature Have You
Seen Me? - Program.
CREATE our future by integrating online and offline data combined
with powerful insights, to precisely target our clients' most
valuable shoppers, offering unparalleled reach and scale.
We are intelligent media delivery.
Valassis is a leader in intelligent media delivery, providing over
58,000 clients with innovative media solutions to influence
consumers wherever they plan, shop, buy and share. By integrating
online and offline data combined with powerful insights, Valassis
precisely targets its clients' most valuable shoppers, offering
unparalleled reach and scale. NCH Marketing Services, Inc. and
Clipper Magazine are Valassis subsidiaries, and RetailMeNot
Everyday - is its consumer brand. Its signature Have You Seen Me? -
program delivers hope to missing children and their families.
Valassis is a wholly owned subsidiary of Harland Clarke
Come flourish with Valassis Manufacturing!
- Thrive in an environment of mutual accountability where
multi-skilled employees and collaborative teams participate in
planning, organizing and executing a daily business plan.
- Join an operations team that exceeds client expectations by
enhancing print capabilities, digital offers, and customer
- Work with complex technologies from industry leading equipment
and international suppliers that specialize in digital printing,
manufacturing automation and IT systems.
- Develop your technical skills through in-depth training and
- Explore your passion working with advanced, robotics
- Dive into a dynamic business environment with a sophisticated
manufacturing process that delivers relevant marketing campaigns
and solutions to help our partners, clients and customers grow
- Take charge of your future with our generous 401K savings plan
with company match, which is vested from day one.
- Participate in our company wide well-being program that also
serves to lower your annual health insurance premiums.
- Explore new education opportunities with our Tuition
Reimbursement Plan which covers up to $5,250.
- We offer work-life flexibility, meeting personal obligations
along with professional success.
Logistics Technician 1
- Responsible for the safe and efficient operation of powered
industrial trucks while loading and unloading trucks on the
- Responsible for moving materials to and from the production
area and cleanliness of the warehouse.
- Responsible for preparing for shipments out of the facility in
accordance with all procedures.
- Post all raw materials movements on the computerized tracking
Key Duties / Responsibilities
Forklift Operations (60%)
- Moves material within and from the warehouse to the production
area, and returns finished products to the shipping area.
- Unloads trucks of raw materials and loads recycling material on
trucks in a safe, timely and cost effective manner
- Moves all materials within production area and locates
- Works closely with machine leads and site supervision to manage
raw materials, to insure continuous production of finished
- Removes pallets, strapping and packing materials, and moves
recycle materials to recycle area.
- Interprets work orders and performs appropriate duties to
support production machine changeovers.
- Receives and stores all postal equipment until needed by
- As required by USPS, completes accurately all required
paperwork, to ensure proper loads prior to dispatching trucks.
- Performs good housekeeping techniques at the job site areas,
properly handling paper waste and debris, and the removal of all
potential safety hazards from the general area.
- Maintains facility by applying Environmental Health & Safety
and Good Housekeeping Standards as needed.
- Weighs, as required, and places in proper location all finished
products following company/department guidelines.
- Produces in/out reports and completes Problem Material
Communication & Contacts (Internal/External)
- Communicate with other production team members.
Education & Knowledge:
- Ability to speak and communicate effectively utilizing the
English language, preferred.
- Prefer high school diploma or equivalent.
Experience / Skills / Abilities
- 0 - 1 year related experience.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Safety certification for power industrial equipment.
Physical Requirements / Working Conditions:
- The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of
this job, the employee is required to carry up to 50lbs, push and
pull up to 50lbs, twist, stand, walk, reach, and grip/grasp
throughout the shift. Employees are also required to lift up to
50lbs, squat, and kneel occasionally. Lastly, employees are
required to have the ability to work in a fast paced
- The work environment characteristics described here are
representative of those an employee encounters while performing the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the
employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts, airborne
dust, paper particles, and industrial lift trucks. All work
environments that exceed OSHA's standard on noise levels require
associates to wear the hearing protection that is provided.
- Disclaimer: Weight requirements may vary by location. Please
contact HR Business Partner for further details and/or refer to
Physical Requirements Addendum.
Valassis is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other
characteristic protected by law.
Applicants who have disabilities may request that accommodations be
made in order to complete the selection process by contacting our
EEO is the law. To review your rights under Equal Employment
Opportunity please visit:
Keywords: Valassis Marketing Solutions, Newark , Logistics Technician 1 - 1st Shift, Professions , Newark, Delaware
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!