Company: First Transit
Posted on: January 16, 2023
First things First: Who are we? First Transit Inc. is a leading
provider of public transportation contracting and management
services. For over 60 years, we have supplied precision,
efficiency, innovation, and all-around expertise to both public and
private transportation systems. Today, we operate in 335 locations,
carrying more than 350 million passengers annually throughout the
United States in 39 states, Puerto Rico, and Canada. About the
Position First Transit seeks a motivated leader to lead efforts at
our contract in New Castle County, Delaware. First Transit General
Managers Initiate, develop, and maintain a successful contract
relationship. See details below!
- Handles all contractual services, including operations and
administrative functions. The General Manager also provides
oversight of the safety and training departments.
- Ensures compliance with all company procedures and
- Ensures services are provided within budget and action plans
developed and implemented to improve operational efficiencies.
- Maintains company and contractual assets (vehicles, facilities,
inventories, tools, and equipment).
- Ensures compliance with local, state, and federal laws and
regulations (EPA, OSHA, DOT, ADA, and EEOC).
- Analyzes, prepares, and develops budgets and forecasts.
- Assists with negotiating operating budgets and contractual
terms with customers.
- Assesses resource needs, problems, and trends and plans
- Develops action plans to ensure customer retention.
- Assures a safe working environment.
- Provides and promotes effective communications with
- Provides leadership and guidance to develop location and
company bench strength.
- Establishes training goals and requirements for all
- Satisfies client, corporate, and contractual reporting
requirements and needs. Qualifications
- Proven leadership experience within the transportation
industry. Demonstrated ability to build and continuously motivate
highly effective teams.
- Successful track record in managing budgets and/or P&L
- Must have evidence of building solid relationships with
supervisors, peers, and subordinates.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to interface with agencies, directors, elected
officials, operators, and all levels of hourly and salaried
employees, including senior management.
- Must be a self-starter able to obtain successful results
without supervision. First for a Reason Benefits We offer
competitive compensation and benefits (which vary based on role,
location, and business), including physical and mental health
initiatives, medical/dental/vision, 401(k), and paid
holiday/vacation. Diversity & Inclusion Because we're stronger
together, we aspire to have a culture where all people are First.
We're committed to providing an inclusive and diverse working
environment for everyone every day. Professional Advancement Start
here. Go far. We believe in promoting from within, which means
tremendous opportunities for you, thanks to our strong presence
across North America. In addition, our 18-month Aspiring Manager
Program prepares future leaders at First Transit. Extensive
Training Build skills and knowledge in such areas as safety and
security, injury prevention, technology and equipment, and job
efficiency. Community Service & Impact Go where opportunity meets
community. Our customers are at the heart of everything we do. As
the face of First Transit and First Vehicle Services in your
community, you'll have a positive impact on others. Apply today and
get your career on the road with First Transit! We aspire to have a
culture where all people are First. We strive to attract and retain
a diverse workforce therefore all qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability or veteran status. First is also committed to
providing a drug-free workplace. For candidates applying to
positions in San Francisco or Los Angeles California, First will
consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal
histories consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco
Fair Chance Ordinance or Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance. First
is an equal opportunity employer and by doing so we will sustain
and promote an inclusive culture that supports future growth for
Keywords: First Transit, Newark , General Manager, Professions , Newark, Delaware
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!