Company: Churchman Village
Posted on: January 25, 2023
Churchman Village - SUMMARY: - - - - - - - - - Assists with
ensuring physical structures of buildings are maintained and
repaired by performing the following duties:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: - -An individual must be
able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions. The requirements listed below
are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. Other duties as assigned.
1. - - - - Performs maintenance and repair services as needed, and
as directed by supervisor.
2. - - - - Promptly responds to emergency needs. Assists supervisor
in establishing procedures to ensure the availability of portable
water in essential areas in the event of loss of normal water
supply. Coordinates facility fire and disaster drills. In the event
of an emergency, carries out assigned duties to assure resident
3. - - - - Routinely assists with preventative maintenance. This
includes but is not limited to: following preventative maintenance
program for physical plant and equipment; following pest inspection
and control program; following testing and/or maintenance
inspection schedule for emergency power system(s), essential
equipment, resident call system, hot water system, and ventilation
or other basic systems.
4. - - - - Assists with maintenance of adequate and comfortable
lighting level appropriate for tasks, without glare, ensuring
lighting supports independent functioning and task performance of
5. - - - - Assists with posting signs to identify smoking and
non-smoking areas as appropriate.
6. - - - - Follows safety and reporting procedures. Procedures
include but are not limited to: compliance with Ergonomics
Guidelines and OSHA mandates on workplace safety, including hazard
communication and blood borne pathogens. In cases of workplace
exposure, provides immediate first-aide and refers employee to
appropriate facility staff member for post-exposure follow-up.
Promptly and appropriately reports incident and injuries to staff,
residents, or third parties.
7. - - - - Ensures proper documentation is maintained. This
includes but is not limited to: completion of required
documentation, record keeping of maintenance activities, auditing
records of maintenance staff for accuracy and completeness, and
ongoing improvement of record keeping practices.
8. - - - - Participates with Maintenance Director/designee in
survey processes by: instructing staff regarding conduct and
disclosure, reporting, being present at all times surveyors are
on-site, directing prompt responses to requests for information,
and undertaking corrective action, if appropriate.
9. - - - - Maintains and applies current skills and knowledge
through continuing education and in-service programs.
10. - Carries out responsibilities in compliance with federal,
state, local laws and regulations, and with facility philosophy,
policies and procedures.
11. - Must be able to speak, understand and read the English
language to the extent necessary to safely and properly care for
12. - Excellent interpersonal skills with high level of energy and
enthusiasm. Ability to organize, document, and implement detailed
programs. Good verbal and written communication skills.
13. - This position requires standing, sitting, stooping, pulling,
pushing, lifting up to 75 pounds or more, bending, climbing,
twisting upper body, walking, running, carrying, listening,
talking, use of telephone, and exposure to medical equipment and
persons with risk of illness.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred; or
combination of education and experience. Meets state and federal
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
Driver's license per facility requirements preferred. -
Keywords: Churchman Village, Newark , Maintenance Assistant, Professions , Newark, Delaware
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!