Business Analyst - Data Governance
Company: Infinity Consulting, LLC
Posted on: March 17, 2023
Job Description - Business Analyst - Data Governance
TITLE: Business Analyst - Data Governance
Location: Newark, DE or Jersey City, NJ
Our FinTech client's Global Asset Management Alternatives
Operations group is seeking a highly motivated Business Analyst to
join their Data Governance, Strategy & Transformation team, to
support the global expansion of the operations functions across our
Real Estate, Private Equity and Hedge Fund products. The team is
responsible for driving process optimization across the
organization with a focus on improving business efficiency and
driving continuous improvement.
What You'll Do:
- Support the Data Governance, Strategy, Transformation and
Analytics processes for internal teams, Property Managers and
- Lead process improvement and automation projects across the
global Alternatives organization, which is currently based in
Delaware, New York, APAC and EMEA
- Work with the business to identify and document current manual
process flows in the Commercial Mortgages space, identifying
process breakdowns and weak-links and suggesting improvements
- Work with the Global Funds Repository teams to successfully
on-board new Alts Funds to the GFR
- Work closely with the business and third party Property
Managers to proactively review and investigate data quality
- Track data governance exception rules and conduct root cause
analysis for DQ issues.
- Work with cross functional teams to provide missing data and
- Develop business requirement documents for automation projects
and data governance rules.
- Partner with business stakeholders to identify and understand
source data and outline data quality requirements and
- Support data requests from all functions of the business
including Finance, Asset Management, Acquisitions, Debt,
Valuations, and Portfolio Management.
- Interpret ad-hoc data requests and conduct applicable queries
to obtain desired results and provide business support.
- Participate in data analysis, as well as in the design of data
and mapping requirements
- Develop business requirement documents; synthesize requirements
for automation projects;
- Set and report on KPIs and other performance metrics to
identify opportunities for improvement in our data collection,
analysis, and processes.
- Help drive continuous improvements to the team's data quality
procedures and a consistent approach to how data quality is
measured, monitored and reported.
- Partner with Technology teams to assess complex data sets from
a variety of structured and unstructured sources (ranging from
small, simple Excel reports to large, complex datasets from
enterprise applications and data warehouses), and build Data
Governance rules to support requirements.
- Drive analytics transformation through automation of manual
data preparation and reporting tasks; Lead development of
interactive analytics using Alteryx, Tableau and Qlick
- Manage ongoing automation and improvement initiatives using
Xceptor and Robotics Process Automation (RPA)
- Liaise with firm-wide programs and represent Alts Operations in
evaluation and implementation of existing and emerging digital
- Evaluate existing processes by de-constructing business
processes flows and studying ways to make improvements to one or
many steps to increase productivity, reduce costs, improve time
management or make needed changes to other aspects of the
- Provide assistance with project management and tracking; meet
regularly with PMs and developers.
- Provide process management expertise to business and IT
projects providing strategic and tactical guidance on streamlining
and optimizing projects and processes.
- Lead process mapping sessions to add to the team's
comprehensive process inventory, and maintain Standard Operating
Procedures and process flows. Skills / Experience You Will Need:
- Minimum 3-5 years of relevant experience that includes a
progressive career trajectory, outstanding professional achievement
- We are looking for creative out-of-the-box thinkers who can
perform root-cause analysis to break down a given problem or
opportunity into its constituent parts, identify process
weaknesses, suggest remediation measures and ensure follow through
to provide durable process improvements and fixes (working with our
business and technology partners)
- Strong expertise using data analytics and process optimization
tools that move the needle on e2e automation. Examples include
Alteryx workflows, Signavio, Xceptor, RPA, uiPath or any other
similar tool. Willingness to learn is essential.
- While Real Estate/Alternative Investments industry experience
is a plus, we are open-minded in our search for critical thinkers
who are passionate about data management and governance as well as
- Experience with Yardi and other Real Estate applications or can
show an aptitude to learn.
- Familiarity with Yardi Voyager Commercial, Multifamily &
Investment Module a plus.
- Proficiency in SQL, Alteryx, Tableau or similar data analysis
and ETL tools.
- Experience translating business data needs into technical
language and ensuring effective QA / UAT of data solution
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel skills including pivot tables,
power pivots & query, formulas, macros and external data
connections. Proficiency with Visio and Powerpoint for
flow-charting and schematic development
- Highly capable problem solver, able to work on complex problems
requiring strong analytical, conceptual and quantitative
- Demonstrated ability to manage tight delivery timelines, and
ensure our organization is on track to execute and deliver
strategic change that meets our goals.
- Capable of working well with others but also autonomously with
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and the ability
to engage with Stakeholders as required.
- Experience leading strategy, operations, process improvement,
and tactical projects. Experience solving complex business problems
and driving projects from strategy to execution.
- Experience working cross-functionally with
leadership/influencing stakeholders in developing and executing
successful plans in an environment of fast growth and
About Infinity Consulting Solutions
At Infinity Consulting Solutions our mission is to cultivate
successful long term relationships with candidates and clients
matching the right candidate with the right client. We believe
technology cannot replace the real personal relationships we
cultivate. We reject the notion that technology alone is the answer
to staffing which is why we our successful partnerships rely on
collaboration NOT automation. ICS has been providing flexible
staffing solutions for over 20 years in Information Technology,
Compliance, Accounting / Finance and Corporate Support. Our
staffing solutions include Contract, Temp to Perm and Permanent
ICS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Keywords: Infinity Consulting, LLC, Newark , Business Analyst - Data Governance, Professions , Newark, Delaware
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...