EKG Technician II
Company: Christiana Care
Posted on: July 12, 2019
To perform electrocardiograms, to provide data for diagnosis of
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform EKG tracings for Christiana and Wilmington
- Transfer EKG into computer.
- Make a charge for a patient as needed.
- Prepares EKG tracing for dictator/editing.
- Cleans and stocks ekg machine for critical care units.
- Answer telephone, takes messages and route calls.
- Assist clerical staff and performs other related duties as
- Demonstrates skills and knowledge necessary to provide care
appropriate to neonatal, pediatric, adolescent, adult, and
geriatric patients, including knowledge of growth and development,
the ability to obtain and interpret information to identify patient
needs, and to provide the care needed.
- Performs assigned work safely, adhering to establish
departmental safety rules and practices.
- Reports to supervisor, in a timely manner, any unsafe
activities, conditions, hazards, or safety violations that may
cause injury to oneself, other employees, patients and
- Performs other related duties as required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- High School graduate or its equivalent.
- Basic CCU inservice and medical terminology.
- EKG experience preferred.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be
Christiana Hospital, Newark, Delaware. This 1,007-bed,
1.3-million-square-foot modern facility provides a level of care
only available in large-scale teaching hospitals. Christiana
Hospital includes Delaware's only Level-I Trauma center (as
verified by the American College of Surgeons), which is prepared to
handle the most extreme medical emergencies. In fact, it is the
only Level-I Trauma center on the East Coast corridor between
Baltimore and Philadelphia. Christiana Hospital has also been
nationally recognized in U.S. News and World Report's Best Regional
Hospitals rankings as #1 in Delaware and #3 in the Philadelphia
metro area, plus High Performing in 9 Adult Procedures/Conditions.
Academic medical center, Baltimore area, Best regional hospital,
Community-based medicine, Community health, Clinician, Delaware
hospital, Delaware's largest health system, Electronic medical
records, Epic EMRs, Everest Award-winner, In-patient, Level I
Trauma Center, MagnetÂ® designation, Nationally recognized,
Outpatient, Philadelphia area, Provider, Surgery center, Teaching
hospital, Wellness, Wilmington, Newark, U.S. New & World Report
ranking, Expert, Serve, Care, Healthcare, Respectful, Dover, Bear,
Middletown, Rehoboth Beach, Bethany Beach, Delmarva Peninsula, New
Castle, Elkton, Maryland, Glasgow, Hockessin, Brookside, Smyrna,
Pike Creek Valley, Milford, Claymont, Pike Creek, Wilmington Manor,
North Star, Seaford, Southeastern Pennsylvania, Southern New
Jersey, Vineland, Millville, West Chester, Kennett Square,
Swedesboro, Carneys Point, Woodstown, Salem, Elmer, Deptford
Township, Washington Township, Pitman, Glassboro, Franklin
Keywords: Christiana Care, Newark , EKG Technician II, Professions , Newark, Delaware
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!