Company: Christiana Care
Posted on: August 16, 2019
Neurodiagnostic/Electromyograph (EMG) Technologist performs Nerve
Conduction Studies (NCS) requiring specialized knowledge and skills
in support of the provision of diagnostic and/or therapeutic
services to a specified patient population. Ensures accurate
diagnostic results and provides quality outcomes for patients of
any age by recording impulses generated by the peripheral nervous
system, while performing NCS consistent with Christiana Care
department policies and procedures.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Obtains and verifies relevant medical patient information from
patient, family or chart including medications.
- Interacts on a level appropriate to the patient's age and
- Establishes rapport with patient and gives proper instructions
to ensure cooperation.
- Maintains respect and patient confidentiality.
- Accommodates the patient for disabilities and/or special needs
and attends to patients' needs appropriately.
- Explains all test procedures, electrodes application
- Recognizes artifacts and take appropriate steps to eliminate
- Performs nerve conduction studies following techniques
described in the nerve conduction manual, including set-up,
electrode application and maintaining patient safety.
- Removes electrodes upon completion of the test
- Keeps equipment clean and in operating condition.
- Maintains all necessary supplies in the examination rooms.
- Acquires and maintain skills and knowledge necessary to perform
- Is aware of the lab protocol for emergency situations.
- Maintains instrument/equipment in good working order and if
needed reports issues promptly.
- Takes appropriate precautions to ensure electrical safety
- Communicates with manager for equipment troubleshooting and
repairs as required.
- Demonstrates skills and knowledge necessary to provide care
appropriate to pediatric, adolescent, adult, and geriatric
patients, including knowledge of growth and development, the
ability to obtain and interpret information to identify patient
needs, and to provide the care needed.
- Performs assigned work safely, adhering to established
department safety rules and practices.
- Reports to manager, in a timely manner, any unsafe activities,
conditions, hazards or safety violations that may cause injury to
oneself, other employees, patients and visitors.
- Performs other related duties as required.
SCOPE, PURPOSE, AND FREQUENCY OF CONTACTS:
Frequent contact departmentally and situationally with employees,
patients, family members, visitors, medical staff, their office
staffs and students at various levels. Communication with inpatient
and outpatient staff and providers.
Neurodiagnostic Specialists, Department Manager, Medical Director,
Neurologists, Director, Neuroscience Service Line
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Enrollment in or graduation from a Commission on Accreditation
of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP) accredited
Neurodiagnostic Technology (NDT) Program
- Minimum of 6 months experience involving training in both
practical applications and theory directly related to Nerve
Conduction Studies (NCS)
- AAET board eligible, certification required within 1 year.
- Experience with EEG studies preferred
Christiana Hospital, Newark, Delaware. This 1,007-bed,
1.3-million-square-foot modern facility provides a level of care
only available in large-scale teaching hospitals. Christiana
Hospital includes Delaware's only Level-I Trauma center (as
verified by the American College of Surgeons), which is prepared to
handle the most extreme medical emergencies. In fact, it is the
only Level-I Trauma center on the East Coast corridor between
Baltimore and Philadelphia. Christiana Hospital has also been
nationally recognized in U.S. News and World Report's Best Regional
Hospitals rankings as #1 in Delaware and #3 in the Philadelphia
metro area, plus High Performing in 9 Adult Procedures/Conditions.
Academic medical center, Baltimore area, Best regional hospital,
Community-based medicine, Community health, Clinician, Delaware
hospital, Delaware's largest health system, Electronic medical
records, Epic EMRs, Everest Award-winner, In-patient, Level I
Trauma Center, Magnet -- designation, Nationally recognized,
Outpatient, Philadelphia area, Provider, Surgery center, Teaching
hospital, Wellness, Wilmington, Newark, U.S. New & World Report
ranking, Expert, Serve, Care, Healthcare, Respectful, Dover, Bear,
Middletown, Rehoboth Beach, Bethany Beach, Delmarva Peninsula, New
Castle, Elkton, Maryland, Glasgow, Hockessin, Brookside, Smyrna,
Pike Creek Valley, Milford, Claymont, Pike Creek, Wilmington Manor,
North Star, Seaford, Southeastern Pennsylvania, Southern New
Jersey, Vineland, Millville, West Chester, Kennett Square,
Swedesboro, Carneys Point, Woodstown, Salem, Elmer, Deptford
Township, Washington Township, Pitman, Glassboro, Franklin
Keywords: Christiana Care, Newark , Neurodiagnostic Technician, Professions , Newark, Delaware
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!