Company: Christiana Care
Posted on: September 13, 2019
To assist the physicians during procedures performed and assist
with the technical aspects of lab operations. To assist in the
design, implementation, maintenance and evaluation of equipment and
inventory systems to support cardiac cath lab and electrophysiology
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides technical support for cardiac catheterization lab and
structural heart procedures including: TAVR, ADS/PFO Closures, Left
Atrial Appendage Procedures, and other procedures deemed
appropriate for the structural heart lab and cardiac cath lab
- Assist with instruction of new staff and provision of ongoing
staff education related to specialized equipment located within the
Cardiac Catheterization Lab and Structural Heart Lab.
- Demonstrates skills and knowledge necessary to provide care
appropriate to neonatal, pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric
patients, including knowledge of growth and development, the
ability to obtain and interpret information to identify patient
needs, and provide the care needed.
- Demonstrates advanced skills in areas of direct patient care
and patient/family teaching in the care of the cardiac cath patient
undergoing diagnostic procedures, percutaneous transluminal
coronary angioplasty, directional coronary atherectomy, and
structural heart room procedures.
- Adheres to strict guidelines related to sterile technique in an
operating room environment
- Assists in departmental Performance Improvement assessments and
- Communicates appropriately with good interpersonal skills
- Performs duties of a scrub assistant during a procedure,
including; controlling and manipulating guide wires and balloon
catheters, and maintaining a sterile field.
- Acts as a team member during procedures to assure safe and
efficient patient care on a daily basis.
- Participates in the development, implementation and ongoing
monitoring of department clinical databases.
- Demonstrates compliance with Christiana Care Center and
Departmental policies and procedures and mandatory education
requirements including but not limited to safety, infection
control, attendance and dress code.
- Performs assigned work safely, adhering to established
departmental safety rules and practices.
- Reports to supervisor, in a timely manner, any unsafe
activities, conditions, hazards, or safety violations that may
cause injury to oneself, other employees, patients and
- Performs other related duties as required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Graduate of an approved school of radiologic technology with
- Three years cardiac catheterization or EP experience.
- BCLS certified.
Christiana Hospital, Newark, Delaware. This 1,007-bed,
1.3-million-square-foot modern facility provides a level of care
only available in large-scale teaching hospitals. Christiana
Hospital includes Delaware's only Level-I Trauma center (as
verified by the American College of Surgeons), which is prepared to
handle the most extreme medical emergencies. In fact, it is the
only Level-I Trauma center on the East Coast corridor between
Baltimore and Philadelphia. Christiana Hospital has also been
nationally recognized in U.S. News and World Report's Best Regional
Hospitals rankings as #1 in Delaware and #3 in the Philadelphia
metro area, plus High Performing in 9 Adult Procedures/Conditions.
Academic medical center, Baltimore area, Best regional hospital,
Community-based medicine, Community health, Clinician, Delaware
hospital, Delaware's largest health system, Electronic medical
records, Epic EMRs, Everest Award-winner, In-patient, Level I
Trauma Center, Magnet -- designation, Nationally recognized,
Outpatient, Philadelphia area, Provider, Surgery center, Teaching
hospital, Wellness, Wilmington, Newark, U.S. New & World Report
ranking, Expert, Serve, Care, Healthcare, Respectful, Dover, Bear,
Middletown, Rehoboth Beach, Bethany Beach, Delmarva Peninsula, New
Castle, Elkton, Maryland, Glasgow, Hockessin, Brookside, Smyrna,
Pike Creek Valley, Milford, Claymont, Pike Creek, Wilmington Manor,
North Star, Seaford, Southeastern Pennsylvania, Southern New
Jersey, Vineland, Millville, West Chester, Kennett Square,
Swedesboro, Carneys Point, Woodstown, Salem, Elmer, Deptford
Township, Washington Township, Pitman, Glassboro, Franklin
Keywords: Christiana Care, Newark , Cardiovascular Technician, Professions , Newark, Delaware
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!